Honda torque numbers

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Honda lists the HP of various machines But What are the torque numbers? It would be nice to know what the torque curves look like.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The Honda DTC makes the gas engines like diesels. The tq is double the hp :p
My guess is somewhere around 60 lb/ft of engine torque. At 47:1 low range that’s roughly 2800 lb/ft at any given wheel when locked.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did find this.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I did find this.

Thanks for the link, I have seen that before and it is interesting.
It would be cool to see Honda’s info to see where and how much power was added. It’s too bad Honda doesn’t like to share that info.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Years ago Honda dropped HP and Torque specs on all the General Purpose Engines. Due to the fact that lawsuits were brought to some manufacturers that exaggerated HP ratings. Since there were no standards, some companies were removing mufflers and air filters to get their readings.

Honda being very "law suit conscious" decided to just give size measurements in cc's, such as GX390 or GXV340. I don't know if this followed into power sports but it could be the reason Honda is not forthcoming with the info.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!