Picked it up today!

U

usmcduncan

Jan 15, 2014
Just bought a two seater in the green color. First impression is its a very well built machine. I have only put about 20 miles on it today, but I feel like it is higher quality than the ranger, and a major improvement over the big red. I feel like the transmission is solid, and will last for years with little to no maintenance other than routine oil changes. Ride quality is nice, and definatly better than the BR. Not sure about the top end on the machine, seems like it has a very good torque curve up to about 30 MPH, and kind of peters out from there. I knew this before buying though as others on this forum have said the same thing. I didn't need a dune jumper, I needed a utility machine with a sporty feel to it, and that what I got.

Some initial concerns are the mud and water protection to the engine compartment. It seems like there is a lack of protection, and I think after a lot of miles, the mud etc is going to pile up around the engine/ transmission/ driveshaft area. I may try to figure out a way to block some of that mud and water from reaching the engine. another concern is I cannot find a dimmer switch for the headlights. The dealer did not have the owners manual, and are supposedly sending it to me, so if you know where the dimmer switch is, please let me know.

Again, I feel like this machine was well worth the money, and I hope the reliability stands true on this machine as it has on all of Hondas other machines.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Congrats!

There is no dimmer switch. Only one position on the headlights. In gains lots of power as it breaks in, but will never be a speed demon.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Woohoo usmcduncan,
It's a Honda. You know it's going to last.
Tops out at about 45 mph and has plenty of power to turn the tires on anything you should be in.

I think the engine compartment is too open also. Be nice to have a inner fender somewhere in there.

As for the lights. Think about getting a light bar and you want even notice you haven't turned on the headlights.

When did the dealer say he would have you a owners manual? I may have a copy if U need it.

Thanks for joining our community. Look forward to your post. And don't be afraid to ask if you got a question.
Thanks

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
Congratulations on your purchase! All members here look forward to hearing of your future endeavors!

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Congratulations! The owners manual should be in the glove box

U

usmcduncan

Jan 15, 2014
After day one, I have bad news. The FWD lock in cable has rattled loose, and caused the front differential to start squealing and making a terrible sound. Also one of my headrests fell off, and the other one was missing one bolt with the other being about ready to fall out. I don't blame Honda for this, as all of these problems are due to poor assembly. The Honda dealership that I bought it from is coming to pick it up in the morning, and they told me they would have it back by tomorrow night in new shape. I sure hope they can get it right this time. I put 100 miles on it today, so its due for its first service also. Love the machine, just not too impressed with the dealership at this point!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
usmcduncan said:
After day one, I have bad news. The FWD lock in cable has rattled loose, and caused the front differential to start squealing and making a terrible sound. Also one of my headrests fell off, and the other one was missing one bolt with the other being about ready to fall out. I don't blame Honda for this, as all of these problems are due to poor assembly. The Honda dealership that I bought it from is coming to pick it up in the morning, and they told me they would have it back by tomorrow night in new shape. I sure hope they can get it right this time. I put 100 miles on it today, so its due for its first service also. Love the machine, just not too impressed with the dealership at this point!
WOooh... I would be pissed off. Did they even tighten the bolts up at all. You should make them throw in the 1st service. Or at best make them cover the labor. My dealer must of had Heman working that day, all the bolts are tight as a mug.

Keep us informed if they do anything extra for you beyond just fixing it.
Thanks.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!