Picked up my 700-4 Saturday 09/14

Y

Yooper

Sep 17, 2013
I only have 100 miles on my 700-4 but I am very impressed. The power is outstanding down low and decent at higher speeds. The tranny works great, I was curious about not having a low range but it is not needed. The tranny downshifts aggressively and the engine braking is great, you hardly even need to touch the brakes. I have been in some very goopy mud and even tackled a decent sized sand hill, never even came close to running out of power. The front shocks bottom easily in deep trenches at low speed but improve as you drive it harder, I did move the adjusters on the rear shocks to 3 vs. the stock setting of 2. The steering radius is tighter than any Side by Side I have driven, a huge help on tight trails. As everyone should already know the storage is VERY limited, I put a kayak dry pack in the front compartment and have all the absolute essentials. The conversion to 4 seats is great, I love having them available without the longer wheel base of most other models. It seems odd to open and shut doors to get in an SxS but they add some safety and keep out a bunch of mud. I like the slightly higher mounting of the radiator, clogged radiators have caused me lots of issues in the past. VERY glad I picked up my 700-4.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
woohoo.. you are found the right place to help you build it... welcome to the forum, sure glad to have you!!!

R

randi 58

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ownership

1. 1000-3
love my 700-4

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Yooper said:
I put a kayak dry pack in the front compartment and have all the absolute essentials.

I too want to utilize the area under the hood for small item storage. Can you post up a pic here to show what and how you've done it?
Thanks!

Y

Yooper

Sep 17, 2013
No bungee, just roll the top of the bag down and it stuffs in the compartment perfectly. Here is a link to a pic: Bag

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!