Picked up a new toy

J

JTW

[
You got the cheapest part purchased lol

QUOTE="snuffnwhisky, post: 596772, member: 5757"]
Do not climb mill unless it's like 0.010", trust me... And clamp s*** down good unless u want to die.
[/QUOTE]
Soooooo, half my friends here are machinist. It’s like one of the only industries we have around here. Their pockets are gong to have to be full after work! And I’m in listing them for tutorials. I’ve done basic s*** on them. But I’ve never Really known what I was doing

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The older stuff is in a lot of ways better than the new it is built much heavier, I don't know what year Your Bridgeport is but I think they still make them the same as they always did They are very good machines Yours looks like the ways are still in good shape You can still see the etch finish marks on the bed , that is the thing You have to watch buying an older one sometime they used them so much in one spot they wear the bed in one spot, make sure to get some way oil and keep the ways clean and wet with oil all the time, that is something You don't realize how much You will use it until you have one, I have a Bridgeport and use it quite a bit but when I got my lathe I thought I probably won't use it as much but really I use the Lathe more than anything, You have opened up a new world of opportunity and endless learning , Have Fun and Be safe,,,,,,

J

JTW

The older stuff is in a lot of ways better than the new it is built much heavier, I don't know what year Your Bridgeport is but I think they still make them the same as they always did They are very good machines Yours looks like the ways are still in good shape You can still see the etch finish marks on the bed , that is the thing You have to watch buying an older one sometime they used them so much in one spot they wear the bed in one spot, make sure to get some way oil and keep the ways clean and wet with oil all the time, that is something You don't realize how much You will use it until you have one, I have a Bridgeport and use it quite a bit but when I got my lathe I thought I probably won't use it as much but really I use the Lathe more than anything, You have opened up a new world of opportunity and endless learning , Have Fun and Be safe,,,,,,
Yeah.. it’s a 71. I started the knee mill search and was looking at those half to fully wore out machines. I found this one and it was closer and as I don’t know squat about them.. after talking to the guy that had it, I figured it was best to pony up and spend a little more to have a nice mill vs always having an old wore out mill I’m throwing parts at and wind up spending as much on as I would have if I had just bought a better one from the start.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!