P1000 Picked up a trailer for the Pioneer

• Thread starter multipleshotsfired
  • Start date
multipleshotsfired

multipleshotsfired

Jan 17, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Finally got a trailer to haul Hank (wife's nickname for our Pioneer) I went with a 10' trailer, it's a tight fit but pulls great and I'm pretty happy with it. I put some heavy duty D rings on the deck and used wheel bonnets to tie it down, along with a safety chain at the back. Thought about going with 4 bonnets but its very secure as it is now.
IMG 5297
IMG 5296
IMG 5292
IMG 5293

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got a trailer to haul Hank (wife's nickname for our Pioneer) I went with a 10' trailer, it's a tight fit but pulls great and I'm pretty happy with it. I put some heavy duty D rings on the deck and used wheel bonnets to tie it down, along with a safety chain at the back. Thought about going with 4 bonnets but its very secure as it is now.View attachment 11288 View attachment 11289 View attachment 11290 View attachment 11291
That should do the job nicely. Looks new, what kind of price were they asking, and does it come in 2 to 3 foot longer?

Reactions: DanDan
T

TheSnakeJake

Feb 15, 2016
Cincinnati
Nice trailer. Looks like the Big Tex brand. They do come in 12' size. I was considering this brand but went with a cheaper alternative by American Trailer instead.

K

KD_Pioneer1k5

Feb 15, 2016
Wv
I just got rid of my 680 Rincon to get the pioneer. With my Rincon I had a trailer just big enough haul it on. Then when I got to my property I put the trailer behind the four wheeler so I could use it to work. Do you think the 10' trailer will be to big to haul behind the pioneer? Do you think the trailer will push the buggy around?

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
No and no I pull my 16 foot tandem axle around my property with no problem. Now it's usually just to move small stuff but I have loaded my zero turn and drive it about 4 miles down the road to cut a property I maintain. The ztr weighs around a grand itself so you should be fine.
I just got rid of my 680 Rincon to get the pioneer. With my Rincon I had a trailer just big enough haul it on. Then when I got to my property I put the trailer behind the four wheeler so I could use it to work. Do you think the 10' trailer will be to big to haul behind the pioneer? Do you think the trailer will push the buggy around?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I also pull a 6'x10' and the pioneer handles it easily depending on what's on the trailer.

advertisement
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got a heavy (1200lb) Rice 7x12 with the side loader ramps that I pull around with my pioneer all the time. Other than the fact that it's 8ft 6in we and I have a hard time not clipping curbs once in awhile i don't even know it's back there.

multipleshotsfired

multipleshotsfired

Jan 17, 2016
Chattanooga, TN

I have pulled this trailer with the 1000 several times with no issues. Not huge load on it but it handled fine, going down some steep hills it handled it fine. Love the fact that the Pioneer can do engine braking!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got my 77" x 12 foot single from a guy out of Dunlap ( not far from Chatt). Got it and a spare for less than a grand. He's on Craigslist.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I got my 77" x 12 foot single from a guy out of Dunlap ( not far from Chatt). Got it and a spare for less than a grand. He's on Craigslist.

I've bought two trailers from that same guy. One 7'x20' and a 6.5'x 16'.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've bought two trailers from that same guy. One 7'x20' and a 6.5'x 16'.
He's cheapest I've found around here. He said he gets them from somewhere in AL.

multipleshotsfired

multipleshotsfired

Jan 17, 2016
Chattanooga, TN

I did look at a few other trailers around here that were cheaper, I've been happy with the Big Tex trailer quality in the past and wanted to stick with them.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did look at a few other trailers around here that were cheaper, I've been happy with the Big Tex trailer quality in the past and wanted to stick with them.
The paint is a little thin but other than that it's performed perfect.

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
The paint is a little thin but other than that it's performed perfect.
You can't beat the down to earth for the money. Great trailer just on the heavy side which I like because you don't know it's back there with out a load. Most trailers hop around empty mine stays planted and is nice to pull.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!