Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can't beat the down to earth for the money. Great trailer just on the heavy side which I like because you don't know it's back there with out a load. Most trailers hop around empty mine stays planted and is nice to pull.
This guy is retired and just sells them on the side. They pull great loaded or empty. My first dovetail and I love it.

Reactions: DanDan
KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
This guy is retired and just sells them on the side. They pull great loaded or empty. My first dovetail and I love it.
Also if you have a ramp on the back I strongly suggest everyone to look at gorilla lifts. I use my trailer everyday during grass season and the gorilla lift has paid for itself and the trailer in my eyes.

T

texaswakerep

Feb 23, 2016
Hattiesburg
They do come in 12' lengths, I got this one for $1,300.

This is exactly the thread I've been looking for. I'm waiting on delivery of a 1000-5 that I will be hauling with my 10' trailer. I'm curious if the EMP Front and Rear Bumpers (when available) installed would still allow me to use the 10' trailer. Is the inside length of your trailer exactly 10'? How many inches from the area where a rear bumper would be installed to the trailer gate? And where does the front of your trailer hit the Pioneer? Can you post up direct side view pictures? Those bumpers are invaluable out in the woods, and I'm hoping I will be able to install them and still use my trailer. Many thanks.

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
This is exactly the thread I've been looking for. I'm waiting on delivery of a 1000-5 that I will be hauling with my 10' trailer. I'm curious if the EMP Front and Rear Bumpers (when available) installed would still allow me to use the 10' trailer. Is the inside length of your trailer exactly 10'? How many inches from the area where a rear bumper would be installed to the trailer gate? And where does the front of your trailer hit the Pioneer? Can you post up direct side view pictures? Those bumpers are invaluable out in the woods, and I'm hoping I will be able to install them and still use my trailer. Many thanks.
The front won't be a problem considering it will go over the front rail. The rear would be the problem. Now if you have an enclosed trailer both bumpers could be a problem.

T

texaswakerep

Feb 23, 2016
Hattiesburg
The front won't be a problem considering it will go over the front rail. The rear would be the problem. Now if you have an enclosed trailer both bumpers could be a problem.

My trailer is pretty much identical to this one. It looks as if the rear roll cage towards the top is what would hit the gate first? Can anyone confirm this? From the looks of the EMP bumper on the 700, it looks like the bumper will stick out 3-4 inches beyond the tailgate. Pioneer 700 Extreme Rear Bumper I'm guessing it will be really close.

As for the front, I agree. From the pics of the front on a 700, it looks like the front bumper will clear the trailer rail. Pioneer 700 Front Bumper / Brush Guard with Winch Mount The front tires should hit the front of the trailer first....but does the stock bumper extend over the top rail of the trailer?

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
My trailer is pretty much identical to this one. It looks as if the rear roll cage towards the top is what would hit the gate first? Can anyone confirm this? From the looks of the EMP bumper on the 700, it looks like the bumper will stick out 3-4 inches beyond the tailgate. Pioneer 700 Extreme Rear Bumper I'm guessing it will be really close.

As for the front, I agree. From the pics of the front on a 700, it looks like the front bumper will clear the trailer rail. Pioneer 700 Front Bumper / Brush Guard with Winch Mount The front tires should hit the front of the trailer first....but does the stock bumper extend over the top rail of the trailer?
I cannot help you in that one as my trailer is 16 foot. No worries about bumpers for me.

multipleshotsfired

multipleshotsfired

Jan 17, 2016
Chattanooga, TN

The inside is exactly 10' on my trailer. As others have mentioned the front bumper is not an issue with the design of the trailer. The rear could be an issue, I don't run my pioneer all the way to the front of my trailer, it could go ahead about 4-6" more, but to allow for the wheel bonnet I have mine parked a bit short of the front.

Here are the two side shots I have. I can measure the rear clearance next time I have it loaded.
IMG 5290
IMG 5297

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
That is a great idea but my gate isn't very big so I can't justify 200 bucks for a lift assist.. Guess I'm just cheap lol. Any money I have floating around in near future is going for bigger tires. Nice looking product though. Thanks f
That is a great idea but my gate isn't very big so I can't justify 200 bucks for a lift assist.. Guess I'm just cheap lol. Any money I have floating around in near future is going for bigger tires. Nice looking product though. Thanks for sharing.
I caught mine on sale for 150 from northern tool and then found out my buddy started selling them in his shop so if I ever have a problem I can get parts for free, but it's been 3 years working great.

advertisement
T

texaswakerep

Feb 23, 2016
Hattiesburg
The inside is exactly 10' on my trailer. As others have mentioned the front bumper is not an issue with the design of the trailer. The rear could be an issue, I don't run my pioneer all the way to the front of my trailer, it could go ahead about 4-6" more, but to allow for the wheel bonnet I have mine parked a bit short of the front.

Here are the two side shots I have. I can measure the rear clearance next time I have it loaded.
View attachment 11416 View attachment 11417

Very helpful, appreciate it.

T

texaswakerep

Feb 23, 2016
Hattiesburg
Very helpful, appreciate it.

Picked up my 1000-5 today. When loaded up all the way to the front of my 10' trailer with tires touching front cross rail, there is plenty of clearance for the EMP rear bumper....which I just ordered. :cool:

THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN

Lifetime Member
Apr 4, 2018
Washington, North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can't beat the down to earth for the money. Great trailer just on the heavy side which I like because you don't know it's back there with out a load. Most trailers hop around empty mine stays planted and is nice to pull.
the way it pulls empty means as much as loaded to me.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!