P500 Picked up my P520

J

JRF

Sep 24, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 520
Finally pulled the trigger on a SxS after much research. Previously rode a Kodiak atv for past 10 years, rode 11000kms without a fault or left stranded. Upon looking for a SxS to replace it, this COVID situation made it almost impossible to find a new machine in stock unless you ordered In advance and waited for whenever. As luck would have it, a Honda dealer that happened to be near me, had this one P520 available, no others available within Ontario. But there also was a 2021 RZR at the Polaris dealer (also no others in stock thru Ontario). As riding fast was not my priority, utility and reliability would become paramount to my needs; so the P520 was top of the list. Fortunately this one was loaded up with power steering, winch, roof, windows and most importantly bigger rims and tires. And came in almost 4K less than the RZR that was loaded as well. Yes the transmission shifts are crisp and abrupt, but I trust that will smooth out after break-in…..pretty unnerving after riding with a CVT all these years. The ride is a bit stiff, and I will investigate how to soften up the suspension, now that the clearance has been increased 1 3/4 inches to almost 10 inches ground clearance due to tire size change.
As all new owners are, I and my wife are delighted with this Honda, and hope that it lives up to the reputation for reliability that precedes it.

1902D78B E863 4DCB 9195 73BC8C5C1B97 FC377206 4CF6 4411 B0E5 603DC76672BB 1F4B77F2 1487 4C67 B40C E53B5E4259F3

advertisement
nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Any suggestions with regards to a more compliant ride, what shocks, or can I adjust the stock shocks to soften up the ride?
Elka or Walker Evans shocks are very nice.Run your tires at 8psi,stock shocks on softest preload and remove the anti-sway bar.Make sure that the clutch is adjusted properly,this and time will soften the harsh shifting.Very good lookin' ride you have there!

KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Congrats and Welcome from KY! Looks like you have a great start with upgrades and mods! Just be aware if you spend much time here in the forum, you will start a very expensive wish list that will eventually lead to an empty bank account. 😂… Plus side you end up with an amazing machine and a million great memories! Enjoy.

Last edited:
Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
Finally pulled the trigger on a SxS after much research. Previously rode a Kodiak atv for past 10 years, rode 11000kms without a fault or left stranded. Upon looking for a SxS to replace it, this COVID situation made it almost impossible to find a new machine in stock unless you ordered In advance and waited for whenever. As luck would have it, a Honda dealer that happened to be near me, had this one P520 available, no others available within Ontario. But there also was a 2021 RZR at the Polaris dealer (also no others in stock thru Ontario). As riding fast was not my priority, utility and reliability would become paramount to my needs; so the P520 was top of the list. Fortunately this one was loaded up with power steering, winch, roof, windows and most importantly bigger rims and tires. And came in almost 4K less than the RZR that was loaded as well. Yes the transmission shifts are crisp and abrupt, but I trust that will smooth out after break-in…..pretty unnerving after riding with a CVT all these years. The ride is a bit stiff, and I will investigate how to soften up the suspension, now that the clearance has been increased 1 3/4 inches to almost 10 inches ground clearance due to tire size change.
As all new owners are, I and my wife are delighted with this Honda, and hope that it lives up to the reputation for reliability that precedes it.

View attachment 296959 View attachment 296960 View attachment 296961
Awesome! Glad you were able to find one. Let the spending commence!!

Welcome from Tennessee!

#NTC

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Very nice! Welcome to the group. Thanks for sharing the pictures and story.

I have a P520 as well and the radial tires made a big difference for me on the ride. I do plan on shocks though.

Rob

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

View attachment 296959 View attachment 296960 View attachment 296961
Beautiful rig!!!!

Reactions: JRF
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!