BOX1

P1000m3 Picking up my 1000 LE-3 tomorrow. Need to decide on accessories PDQ.

H

hammick

Aug 1, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
After agonizing research we decided to get a leftover '18 1000 LE at a great price. I'm getting $15% off accessories so need to figure that out before I get there.

My LE will be at our place in Montana so I plan to get a full cab. I spoke with Alumilite Armour today in Utah and their stuff looks great. Their full cab with flip front windshield, slider rear shield, full doors with flip out windows, windshield wiper and top vents will run about 4k.

The Honda cab setup will be roughly the same price after my discount (maybe a couple hundred less). If I go the Honda setup I'll get the SuperATV flip shield assuming it works with the Honda hard roof. Honda doesn't have a full flip shield.

What are everyone's thoughts on the Alumilite cab vs Honda cab? My dealer has a cabbed model that I can look at tomorrow. The only other cab stuff I have seen to compare it with is the Can Am and Polaris cab models.

Thanks for any input!

H

HondaTech

I've never seen the Alumlite in person, but I van attest to the Honda cab not being fully airtight by any means. It ca be made to be pretty decent with someone who takes their time to play with the install. But behind the seat are too many holes for sealing it all the way.

Why go full cab if you dont plan on installing the glass windshield? Any flip up windshield will freeze you to death at speed.

Any cab you get will still have airflow through the shifter holes unless covered up.

H

hammick

Aug 1, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I've never seen the Alumlite in person, but I van attest to the Honda cab not being fully airtight by any means. It ca be made to be pretty decent with someone who takes their time to play with the install. But behind the seat are too many holes for sealing it all the way.

Why go full cab if you dont plan on installing the glass windshield? Any flip up windshield will freeze you to death at speed.

Any cab you get will still have airflow through the shifter holes unless covered up.

Thanks for the info. If I get the Alumalite cab I’ll do their full glass flip shield. If I go Honda I’ll get the SuperATV shield assuming it works with the Honda hard top. I’m leaning towards the Alumalite cab.

Reactions: VaHillbilly
H

hammick

Aug 1, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Picked up my LE today. We love it and our lab does too. It feels like it has a lot more low end torque than the Defender Cab. I didn't drive a naked Defender though so not apples to apples. I love how it shifts so quick and crisp.

I decided to skip all the Honda accessories. Pretty sure I'm going to go with the full Alumilite cab. The owner Troy has been great to talk to.

One particular issue though that I hope our dealer gets resolved. Our seat probably has a half gallon of water sloshing around in it. It was a left over '18 so probably saw a fair amount of rain and maybe some snow.

H

hammick

Aug 1, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Dell's Honda in Kansas City (Blue Springs, MO) gave me a new seat today and took my old one for a warranty claim even though I didn't by my Pioneer there and it won't be serviced there because I'm taking it to Montana.

A huge thank you to David the Service manager! Next time I'm shopping for a Honda I'll try real hard to give them my business.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Picked up my LE today. We love it and our lab does too. It feels like it has a lot more low end torque than the Defender Cab. I didn't drive a naked Defender though so not apples to apples. I love how it shifts so quick and crisp.

I decided to skip all the Honda accessories. Pretty sure I'm going to go with the full Alumilite cab. The owner Troy has been great to talk to.

One particular issue though that I hope our dealer gets resolved. Our seat probably has a half gallon of water sloshing around in it. It was a left over '18 so probably saw a fair amount of rain and maybe some snow.

My seat had the same issue! I just drilled some holes in the plastic in the corners. There are already large holes in the bottom so I’m sure a couple more won’t hurt. The water escaped. Quite a bit of water was in there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: alloutdoors
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own

Congrats on the purchase. I would suggest you start now planning the cab and defrost/heater options now while the weather is warm, because in my experience once the white stuff begins to fly, things tend to crepe up in price and securing items becomes tough...

L

Leo-1950_69

Aug 2, 2019
Whitefish, Mt.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
After agonizing research we decided to get a leftover '18 1000 LE at a great price. I'm getting $15% off accessories so need to figure that out before I get there.

My LE will be at our place in Montana so I plan to get a full cab. I spoke with Alumilite Armour today in Utah and their stuff looks great. Their full cab with flip front windshield, slider rear shield, full doors with flip out windows, windshield wiper and top vents will run about 4k.

The Honda cab setup will be roughly the same price after my discount (maybe a couple hundred less). If I go the Honda setup I'll get the SuperATV flip shield assuming it works with the Honda hard roof. Honda doesn't have a full flip shield.

What are everyone's thoughts on the Alumilite cab vs Honda cab? My dealer has a cabbed model that I can look at tomorrow. The only other cab stuff I have seen to compare it with is the Can Am and Polaris cab models.

Thanks for any input!

Hi, from Montana
I live just west of Whitefish and have the Honda Pioneer LE 3. I did put a glass windshield and roof and a rear fabric curtain in. No need for doors as that would be too hot. I run mine all winter with no cab and after sealing the seat and back to cut down heat I still get enough heat for winter comfort. Still too much heat in the summer for the longer rides. What happens is the windshield and roof create a vacuum and you get copius amounts of hot air coming in around the seat bottom and back. I put a aluminum shield under the seat and seat back, Honda put a rubber seal in for free, it helped but still too much heat for temperatures above a 75 degree day. But if your coming to Montana you won't need a full cab. Maybe in eastern Montana where I grew up I'd have a cab there because its brutally cold and windy all winter and even spring and fall can be nippy. Hope that helps....
Leo

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!