Pics without warning plaque?

No1hedberg

No1hedberg

Nov 8, 2015
Does anyone have any pictures of the P700 dash with the warning plaque removed. Since I bought my pioneer, I have a million ideas going through my head about lights, stereos, and switches for that spot. Just not quite ready to start cutting on my new SXS without knowing what's under there. Thanks.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
There is a metal brace under there (under the third switch from the left on top row) so the switches were a little tricky but the stereo went easy it's one of the only ones I could find to go in that was water resistant but had to be on far left. I used the plastic from a cheapy tool case to get same type of texture as factory and sprayed it semi-gloss to match color. Everything was easy to get to. Nicer then looking at a don't do sticker

Reactions: Tflynn
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2

Kinda a bad picture but you get the idea. I just peeled the lawyer plate off, used it as a template to cut out the aluminum sheet, and this is the result. Definitely check behind the plate before you drill for switches, my winch switch on the left barely clears on the backside.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Does anyone have any pictures of the P700 dash with the warning plaque removed. Since I bought my pioneer, I have a million ideas going through my head about lights, stereos, and switches for that spot. Just not quite ready to start cutting on my new SXS without knowing what's under there. Thanks.

Keep reading and searching. There are probably a few thousand posts out there full of ideas on this subject. Then come back and post your pics for everybody to see! ;)

No1hedberg

No1hedberg

Nov 8, 2015
Thanks for the replies guys. I was hoping someone had a pic to show whats back there. How far behind the metal brace behind the warning label, approximately? If the those switches are really close to it, can't be more that an inch or two I guess.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You are correct. But that gives you idea where it's at. The rest is pretty open. The brace runs pretty much straight down if I remember right. Right side is clear

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!