WARNING about Online SCAM's and FAKE WEBSTIES.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
There are a few SCAMs that have hit the UTV industry as of late.
Fake websites, fake posts, and online sloughs hunting unsuspecting people looking for hard-to-find parts.
In about all cases, they have the exact part you are looking for, even if it does not exist. Ex. Flux Capacitor.
(True story, I have had many scammers have a FC in stock and ready to ship. )

Let's start by saying you shouldn't really trust anyone online you haven't met. Ya its a shame because I sell parts online also.
The rule should be, that if you haven't met them in person, then you need to proceed with very high caution. Even then, it may be a flook.

How these scams work.
The goal and ONLY goal is to get your payment (money) via a service that offers ZERO protection.
  • Paypal Friends and Family.
  • Venmo
  • Cashapp
  • Zelle
  • Bitcoin
There are several ways they do it.
  1. Reply or message with the part you need at a great "deal."
  2. Create fake ads online with "good" pricing and free shipping.
  3. Fake websites that look 100% real until you get to the payment methods.
How to identify these scams.
  • Do your research. And don't go off the 5-star fake reviews. Ask someone else to look at it. In many cases there are RED FLAGS everywhere.
  • As them a fake question. Maybe give them the answer and see their reply. Ex. Do you have a Dual Flue Capacitor for the Pioneer 1250? Rear door for a Pioneer 500?
  • Ask for their location, If they give it, tell them your brother lives in that area and can pick it up. Watch their story change.
  • Tell them the price is too expensive. They will reply asking what you can do. Then offer a stupid price like $500 for a complete motor.
  • Tell them you can only pay via Credit card. Or Paypal goods and services or any other secured method. Wait for the excuses to pile on as to why they can't accept that.
What can you do if you get scammed?
Not much you can do if you paid via an unsecured method except share your experience with the world and help others identify these issues.
In most all cases, they are based out of Cambodia. You will get nowhere from the local police, your bank, or payment services.
Unforunchently, you are SOL with them needing a day to ship the short window to stop a processing transaction has passed.

ALWAYS pay via Credit Card.
It's a little more troublesome, but you can send money via Venmo, Cashapp, and other services by pulling it off your credit card. If you do this, be sure this account has a near-zero balance, and you don't regularly use it.
If it turns out to be a scam, Venmo and Cashapp will mostly likely be of no help. You will need to dispute it via your CC.

Don't be a F.O.M.O.

F.O.M.O - Fear Of Missing Out.... of a great deal. Afraid or overly excited you found the exact part you need at a great price. You just have to snatch it up before the other guy gets it that you forget to pause and think a little.

FACEBOOK SCAMS ARE HITTING HARD!

If you are on facebook scams are everywhere, in every group and every page. Just this week I have talked to 5 people who sent money for parts. In ALL cases, RED FLAGS were hitting them in the face, but they didn't slow down enough to think, afraid of losing the deal to the next person. In total, these 5 guys are out $4000+ bucks.
Calling the scammers out DOESNT WORK. In fact, they just block you and you lose visibility into their scam. Leaving behind a clean post with zero issues awaiting the next guy who wants a new set of 4 Fox Shocks for $600 with free shipping.

Well, I hope all these scammers rot in hell. But as long as they keep making a year's salary off 1 person they will only get bigger and better at what they do.

Please share with our friends. Don't let them become a victim of a scam.
I will post some images of these fake pages and websites.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
FAKE WEBSITES.
These sites ONLY accept payment via an unsecured method.
Venmo, Cashapp, Bitcoin, Zell.

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R

FAKE FACEBOOK ACCOUNTS, PAGES, PEOPLE.

If you look at these, red flags hit you in the face.
  • Low following
  • page location is Cambodia
  • lots of recent posts
  • no real feedback or replies.
  • Page created within last month or so.
  • ZERO likes on the post.

1661132650560 1661132668827 1661132679729 1661132704929 1661132715569 1661132722443 1661132760431 1661132804960 1661132814582 16611328589561661132627640

Last edited:
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Personally I don’t consider FB a safe place to buy anything out side my radius of driving…IE I’m going to call you and then if I feel you are legit, then I’ll come and look at it. Then I pay you on site if it all checks out, with a bill of sale if necessary.

ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll repeat my note here: if you're dealing with anyone with an email address with two first names, e.g. [email protected], run.

Scammers do this all the time. They also like to pose as female sellers to appear less threatening , such as [email protected].

I've always said never trust anyone with 2 1st names 🤪

advertisement
SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
There are a few SCAMs that have hit the UTV industry as of late.
Fake websites, fake posts, and online sloughs hunting unsuspecting people looking for hard-to-find parts.
In about all cases, they have the exact part you are looking for, even if it does not exist. Ex. Flux Capacitor.
(True story, I have had many scammers have a FC in stock and ready to ship. )

I bought the Flux Capacitor. It works!! 😁

Flux

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!