P1000 Pioneer 1000 all

500pilot

Apr 17, 2015
Let me start by saying I have not posted much on here but I do visit often. And I'm sure I'll get bashed ?? to death and what not.
But to all the Pioneer 1000 owners I'm glad to say there is some testing going on today, on the Pioneer 1000 for, Or should I say on the concerns that a lot of owners have expressed on their units.
That's about all I probably should say.
Have a great weekend

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Great news. I too am aware of some testing over past few months but have not been able to 100% confirm it as it was just word of mouth.

We know Honda is working on a solution for the clutch and other "hot" topics. The clutch may get fixed. But some of the custom "hot" fixes will be far superior over what Honda offers as a solution. It's sad, but true!

As for getting bashed.
I have to say, since you came with a good attitude vs a long b**** and moan letter I think this thread may have some life.

Difference may be posting reasonably and respectfully vs a full on gripe session I have to scroll through to read.

Negative post yield negative results. It's that simple.

So, I would like to thank you for that!

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Anxiously waiting on the new and improved!

Reactions: pct and sharp

500pilot

Apr 17, 2015
Thank you Sir This is 100% accurate I have no reason to start rumors or BS I have been with Honda now for 15years.
When I was asked to help, I jumped right in and did my part finding a customer that was Glad to offer his help. It's not easy to find people willing to give up their time and take a day off of their busy schedule to offer help.
I just wanted to let all owners know that Honda R&D is testing.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
NICE! Let me know if anything is made hell Ill install and test it first I been in that transmission more than I care to think about this year. This is great news! I don't think anyone is gonna get bashed here for offering solutions or thinking outside the box. God knows I have come up with some off the wall s*** that I am glad I was told wouldn't help at all before I wasted money trying. I am just glad to know that H is hearing what we are saying, or at least some of it.

500pilot

Apr 17, 2015
I hope for as fix but will most likely will be a modded version of what's out there now. We'll just have to wait and see.
It's 95+Temp here in Louisiana today and they are deep in the Basin so their unit (and butts) LOL will be heated to say the least

J

JTW

Awesome!! You won't get bashed at all... assholes get treated like assholes around here. But this is a group more than willing to help and offer suggestion and advice. Hondasxs pretty much hit the nail on the head. Most of the locals are all aware of the issues and have tried to take steps to resolve them themselves verses relaying on someone else... heat and intake issues are realitivly simple and inexpensive fixes. I'd much rather see Honda focus on fixing the issues I can't fix myself, like clutches!! Or adding an emergency brake!!

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My guestion is why did Honda wait almost over 2 years to address the clutch problems were they just hoping the problem would just go away or nobody would say anything about it. I hope they do come out with a clutch fix that would make these things bulletproof and a heat fix for the people with that problem also. I also understand it takes a lot of testing before they can put something out. You know it says Honda Best On Earth

Reactions: AZhunter
advertisement
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Gotcha - so, this THIS one is NOT a rumour. :D

Please be a clutch, please be a clutch, ....

200 s 1

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let me start by saying I have not posted much on here but I do visit often. And I'm sure I'll get bashed ?? to death and what not.
But to all the Pioneer 1000 owners I'm glad to say there is some testing going on today, on the Pioneer 1000 for, Or should I say on the concerns that a lot of owners have expressed on their units.
That's about all I probably should say.
Have a great weekend
Appreachiate you giving us what information you can.

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just wondered how many times Honda will fix the clutches
under warranty I have never saw this question asked if anyone knows the answer

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
With over 8,000 miles on mine with no problems most owners may not have any problems. Hard use owners need an improved clutch in my opinion and many dealers install large tires. Most of us know all the manufacturers monitor the forums to see customer problems. Honda fixed the water intake problem and from what you guys are saying it looks like there is an improved clutch coming. I can tell ya Honda wants happy customers. Polaris didn't do anything until someone got hurt bad or died. The fire problem took a few years for a fix then the other models got fixed right away. Some of the fires were from leaking gas cans. They had so many units out it took several months to get the parts. My buddy waited 6 months so he bought a Pioneer 500 to drive until the parts were available.

J

JTW

I just wondered how many times Honda will fix the clutches
under warranty I have never saw this question asked if anyone knows the answer
I'm not aware of them replacing anyone's more than once... I may be wrong but I can't recall anyone.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm not aware of them replacing anyone's more than once... I may be wrong but I can't recall anyone.
Honda replaced my clutches twice as well as a few others all under warranty. 800 miles since last repair going strong.

The 2018 models apparently have multiple revised components to improve clutch durability, namley oil related that reduces temps, and possibly increases flow and pressure as the clutch is hydraulic operation via electronic controls.

J

JTW

Honda replaced my clutches twice as well as a few others all under warranty. 800 miles since last repair going strong.

The 2018 models apparently have multiple revised components to improve clutch durability, namley oil related that reduces temps, and possibly increases flow and pressure as the clutch is hydraulic operation via electronic controls.
Awesome... that's good to know! Now, we're yours and the others you speak of a clutch material bonding issue? Were they all early machines?

Reactions: pct
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!