Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Pioneer 1000 NGK SILMAR7A9S Spark Plug Laser Iridium

Talon 1000 NGK SILMAR8A9S Spark Plug Laser Iridium, one heat range colder

I had to bend my spark plug cap removing tool slightly. The plugs can be changed without removing the air box. My Pioneer has 19,000 miles on the original spark plugs. The plug gap is still the same as new. In cars they get replaced at 100,000 miles. I had new spark plugs so I changed them. Since Side by Sides run at a higher RPM the plug life may be about 30,000 miles. Many Side by Sides come with the standard $3.00 spark plugs. If you have a Pioneer 1000 or Talon its just one more thing to make maintenance easy. On my Pioneer 500's and 700's I installed the Rincon 700 Iridium spark plug which is the same heat range. Honda has it also in one heat range colder for lots of high rpm use.

· Laser welded iridium center electrode tip ensures high durability and greater spark

· Platinum disc welded to backside of ground electrode provides long life

· Longer insulator nose prevents fouling, corrugated ribs on insulator prevents flashover, and the triple gasket seal eliminates combustion gas leakage

· Faster starts and quicker acceleration

· Better fuel economy and lower emissions, trivalent metal plating for superior anti-corrosion and anti-seizing

Plugcaptool
Plugs19K
Plugtools

Last edited:
Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pioneer 1000 NGK SILMAR7A9S Spark Plug Laser Iridium

Talon 1000 NGK SILMAR8A9S Spark Plug Laser Iridium, one heat range colder

I had to bend my spark plug cap removing tool slightly. The plugs can be changed without removing the air box. My Pioneer has 19,000 miles on the original spark plugs. The plug gap is still the same as new. In cars they get replaced at 100,000 miles. I had new spark plugs so I changed them. Since Side by Sides run at a higher RPM the plug life may be about 30,000 miles. Many Side by Sides come with the standard $3.00 spark plugs. If you have a Pioneer 1000 or Talon its just one more thing to make maintenance easy. On my Pioneer 500's and 700's I installed the Rincon 700 Iridium spark plug which is the same heat range. Honda has it also in one heat range colder for lots of high rpm use.

· Laser welded iridium center electrode tip ensures high durability and greater spark

· Platinum disc welded to backside of ground electrode provides long life

· Longer insulator nose prevents fouling, corrugated ribs on insulator prevents flashover, and the triple gasket seal eliminates combustion gas leakage

· Faster starts and quicker acceleration

· Better fuel economy and lower emissions, trivalent metal plating for superior anti-corrosion and anti-seizing

View attachment 144045 View attachment 144046 View attachment 144047

Thanks Bob good info. I'll be switching at the next service

Reactions: BWAF and TripleB
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Also, what is the part number for the lower heat range plug? I do a lot of road and highway riding at higher rpm's.

Reactions: BWAF
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
After towing my Polaris and Arctic cat buddies to the road I would cruise at 60 plus to get their truck and trailer. Sometimes it would be 25 miles at the high speed near the rev limiter. I don't think the one heat range colder Talon plugs are necessary.

Reactions: BWAF and russknight
P

Puttsorama

Oct 12, 2019
New brunswick
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have 14000 miles and havent changed the plugs i bought them at 10000 but there expensive so im waiting till it starts acting up

Reactions: BWAF and russknight

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!