Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
That video isn't 11 mins long

For the love of you tube, here is his channel: scottv1300
with all of his videos. He has since removed the 11 minute video and it looks like the edited version is 4 1/2 minutes approximately is the result of it. you didn't miss anything in the 6 minutes removed unless you like shaky cam of rollbars and corn.

Reactions: scottn57
Duramax

Duramax

Jul 23, 2015
Dresden,TN
For the love of helpless you tube users, here is his channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/scottv1300/videos
with all of his videos. He has since removed the 11 minute video and it looks like the edited version is 4 1/2 minutes approximately is the result of it. you didn't miss anything in the 6 minutes removed unless you like shaky cam of rollbars and corn
I knew I was looking on his channel and could not find it. Helpless is a little harsh don't you think? Just needed a little guidance looking for a video that is no longer on YouTube as 11 mins long.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I knew I was looking on his channel and could not find it. Helpless is a little harsh don't you think? Just needed a little guidance looking for a video that is no longer on YouTube as 11 mins long.

Long day at the Gulag for me please pardon my impatience. It was up last night, and of course since it was the posters channel could have been changed at will anytime.

Duramax

Duramax

Jul 23, 2015
Dresden,TN
Long day at the Gulag for me please pardon my impatience. It was up last night, and of course since it was the posters channel could have been changed at will anytime.
It's cool man. I'm no computer wiz I just try to watch every minute of every video of these 1000 pioneers. I have one on order and I'm super pumped to hear and see all videos

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
It's cool man. I'm no computer wiz I just try to watch every minute of every video of these 1000 pioneers. I have one on order and I'm super pumped to hear and see all videos

I am headed up tomorrow to the Farm Progress show in Decatur, IL where the P1000 is on display along with rides similar to the above. Charging up my GoPro now hope to have some good in cab and external footage along with detailed photos of display models.

Reactions: Hondasxs
Duramax

Duramax

Jul 23, 2015
Dresden,TN
I am headed up tomorrow to the Farm Progress show in Decatur, IL where the P1000 is on display along with rides similar to the above. Charging up my GoPro now hope to have some good in cab and external footage along with detailed photos of display models.
Sounds great! I look forward to watching

scottn57

scottn57

Sep 14, 2013
Buffalo, NY
I have searched YouTube and cannot find this 11min video. What is the search title?
That was a mistake and was taken down- I meant to just post the helmet cam video of my ride and posted whole video by mistake- the phone videos are a much higher resolution of the rides I cut from the helmet cam.

scottn57

scottn57

Sep 14, 2013
Buffalo, NY
Omg folks are like junkies waiting for whatever fix they can get! :) sorry for the confusion- I probably should have responded to that post earlier to clear it up. I hope y'all get some relief from the videos.

Reactions: Duramax and JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Omg folks are like junkies waiting for whatever fix they can get! :) sorry for the confusion- I probably should have responded to that post earlier to clear it up. I hope y'all get some relief from the videos.

F4d0b24d32efbedb484157b5d71e7b82

Duramax

Duramax

Jul 23, 2015
Dresden,TN
That was a mistake and was taken down- I meant to just post the helmet cam video of my ride and posted whole video by mistake- the phone videos are a much higher resolution of the rides I cut from the helmet cam.
It's cool. I enjoyed those videos. I subscribed to your YouTube channel thanks for posting those!

scottn57

scottn57

Sep 14, 2013
Buffalo, NY
For the love of helpless you tube users, here is his channel: scottv1300
with all of his videos. He has since removed the 11 minute video and it looks like the edited version is 4 1/2 minutes approximately is the result of it. you didn't miss anything in the 6 minutes removed unless you like shaky cam of rollbars and corn

I made a youtube Playlist for the 4 videos...
Honda Pioneer 1000 SxS Demo Day Rides - YouTube

Please feel free to share, like the videos on Youtube, etc...

Thanks!
Scott

Reactions: JACKAL
C

Captaincobalt

Sep 3, 2015
Scott,
Thanks for sharing the videos! Quick question, I noticed on another forum that you said that the Pioneer 1000 was not as refined as the new Polaris 900. Could you please discuss that a bit more. I am curious as to what your opinion is on both machines since I currently have a deposit down on a P1000, but have not been able to see one yet.
Thanks

scottn57

scottn57

Sep 14, 2013
Buffalo, NY
Scott,
Thanks for sharing the videos! Quick question, I noticed on another forum that you said that the Pioneer 1000 was not as refined as the new Polaris 900. Could you please discuss that a bit more. I am curious as to what your opinion is on both machines since I currently have a deposit down on a P1000, but have not been able to see one yet.
Thanks
The latest Rangers just seem to be adding more and more car-like amenities, finish and features in the cabins. Many of the guys I ride have the Ranger 900 and have them decked out more than most people's cars. I'm not sold that that focus is appropriate for an off-road vehicle like a UTV, but there are people who seem to dig it and often comment on the lack of it in other rigs. The Honda is more utilitarian. I like that.

The Polaris's seem to need a lot of TLC. Belts and clutches eventually need maintenance. Axles seem to have issues too frequently. Bushings are like disposable items... But the accessories are really nice and plentiful, the feature lists are impressive, and they generally ride and function well when they are functioning.

I've said it in another post- if I was looking for a full size SxS there would be no question it would be a Pioneer 1000-3. Probably the EPS version.

It looks really well made- no obvious cheap or flimsy designs that I could tell, and I think that the transmission is going to be a defining feature.

C

Captaincobalt

Sep 3, 2015
:cool:
The latest Rangers just seem to be adding more and more car-like amenities, finish and features in the cabins. Many of the guys I ride have the Ranger 900 and have them decked out more than most people's cars. I'm not sold that that focus is appropriate for an off-road vehicle like a UTV, but there are people who seem to dig it and often comment on the lack of it in other rigs. The Honda is more utilitarian. I like that.

The Polaris's seem to need a lot of TLC. Belts and clutches eventually need maintenance. Axles seem to have issues too frequently. Bushings are like disposable items... But the accessories are really nice and plentiful, the feature lists are impressive, and they generally ride and function well when they are functioning.

I've said it in another post- if I was looking for a full size SxS there would be no question it would be a Pioneer 1000-3. Probably the EPS version.

It looks really well made- no obvious cheap or flimsy designs that I could tell, and I think that the transmission is going to be a defining feature.
Thanks Scott, I have noticed the same thing about the Ranger with its painted dash and other automotive type features and accessories. That's really not what I am looking for in a UTV either. I follow the forums for several different makes of UTV's and what I see is that at least 70 percent of the topics on the other forums deal with issues with the UTV's and as well as poor manufacture's customer service. That's not something I want to deal with. You don't see any where near that percentage on this forum. I have owned Hondas (both cars and bikes) off and on for over 40 years and have had great luck with all the vehicles I have owned. Now I just have to play the waiting game for my Pioneer 1000.:cool:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!