P1000m5 Pioneer 1000 Demo Pictures & Videos Tonawanda NY

Luketheduke

Luketheduke

Sep 1, 2015
Washington state
Man I wish there were some demo's around where I live, can't wait for some seat time in this rig. Anyone know of any in Washington state, I live close to Seattle and Portland, right in between actually. Wouldn't mind driving a few hours either direction to check out the new pioneer 1000-5. Any info would be great!

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Man I wish there were some demo's around where I live, can't wait for some seat time in this rig. Anyone know of any in Washington state, I live close to Seattle and Portland, right in between actually. Wouldn't mind driving a few hours either direction to check out the new pioneer 1000-5. Any info would be great!
the closest one to you is in CA

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
How is the down hill decent control? Is it as good as the 700?

Mpnoonan

Mpnoonan

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Northeast Nebraska
Got to ride the 1000 Pioneer at Husker Harvest Days in Grand Island NE. I was pleasantly surprised at the smooth shifts and smooth ride! Another thing I noticed was how much lower profile the P1K 5 seater was compared to the P700 4 seater

Reactions: DTAGG
scottn57

scottn57

Sep 14, 2013
Buffalo, NY
How is the down hill decent control? Is it as good as the 700?

There was only a small decline on the test track, so it's hard to tell. In manual mode or when using the paddle to override in Automatic, it was just like a regular manual transmission- full controlled engine breaking. Probably a little bit better than the 700.

You'd have to have some decent downhill runs in automatic mode to see how it performs in fully automatic. It seemed to shift/hold gear pretty intelligently, but there just wasn't enough variety on the test track to know how it would work on real hills.

Reactions: Farmer
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Got to ride the 1000 Pioneer at Husker Harvest Days in Grand Island NE. I was pleasantly surprised at the smooth shifts and smooth ride! Another thing I noticed was how much lower profile the P1K 5 seater was compared to the P700 4 seater

In NE, did you notice if it had a HONDASXS.com sticker on the display P1000 in the tent? Kinda been tracking it LOL, it would look like this.
20150903 090533 zpsu9coyf4n

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
It would have made my day if I did

Thanks for replying I was curious, LOL. We might have got someone's attention on here or maybe not. :p

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!