P1000m3 Pioneer 1000 glass windshield install directions

Locohonda

Locohonda

Nov 6, 2017
Northern Va
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I installed the Honda OEM glass windshield today on my Pioneer 1000 without using the directions. I wanted to check on a certain install step but couldn’t find any directions....anywhere. I’ve looked before on this site and on the internet and install directions could be found. Did Honda recently prohibit the reproduction of install directions for the windshield?

What’s the deal?

Reactions: TripleB and BWAF

50stangpower

Jun 9, 2019
Westminster md
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You have to download them on their website. They probably save 3 cents each unit and it's a major pia for us consumers

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You have to download them on their website. They probably save 3 cents each unit and it's a major pia for us consumers
Just for info, mine was installed by dealer. The primary mounting is accomplished with those large plastic quick release clamps that go around the the front roll bar. I think there are 2 on top and 2 on each side. I'm not sure how many are across the bottom (not over 2), but exactly in the bottom, middle of the wind shield is a rather small plastic piece that you attach a screw into from the outside of the cab. It's all quick release except for the 1 screw. I would guess you need to attach the mount that the screw goes into.

Personally I don't advise the full glass wind shield because it adds to the heat problem, and heat is a problem in the P1000.
I remove my doors in the summer which helps with the heat quite a bit, but it adds to the dust problem. In the summer you will definitely be very hot unless you make modifications like insulation under the seat, a fan to cool under the seat, split windshield, remove the doors, etc. It a nice machine, but it'll cook you like you are in an oven after an hour of operation. I can ride somewhat comfortably w/o the doors on and with a layer of auto type insulation under the seat, but I'm still contemplating a fan which is not at all expensive. The heat is welcome in cooler weather - maybe under 65 degrees.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!