Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Someone tell me... If the portals have "a 30% gear reduction", what difference do I experience?
30% higher rpm?
30% more torque?
30% error in odometer?
For your build the gear reduction would Allow you to turn those 32" plus tires.

Assuming a 30% larger tire would put the machine back at stock parameters when using a 30% gear reducer. Way I figure it, stock tire on 700 is 25", so-

30% of 25" is 7.5"
7.5"+ 25"= 32.5"

So a 30% larger tire for the 700 is 32.5". There you go @Gator, with the arms and portals you'll have room and sufficient power to turn 32.5" tires, and I know that's what you been wanting all along!

I'll be patiently waiting for pictures

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
You will be patient?

It very well might happen. I won't do anything until I get the back arms done. That should resume in about 3 weeks.

Reactions: joeymt33
S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
**update**

Good news. Jeff from utv solutions called me. The portals are made. (But not for sale yet. I'll explain)
25 sets total available on the first batch 23 sets left. (And before I go on. Just wanted to say thanks to the one 700 owner than says he heard the info off the grape vine instead of saying my name when jeff ask who told you Thank you
bung hole. )

Now. I will have some pictures tonight between 5:30 and 6 pm of the 1000. Jeffs busy and said he could send them then

Jeff said he made them interchangeable. Meaning if you own a 700 and buy a 1000 all you have to do is call jeff and buy the different mount to fit your 1000 and your back rolling again . Pretty neat I think.

Bad news. We're a couple days behind via the reason he was calling me.
The output shafts are getting heat treated. The facility is running behind 2 days so . Looks like Monday before jeff will get those back and wrap it up.

Reactions: amc019
S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
Where's my pics? :)

Ive called him 3 times today. He has been busy all day.
The last time i called him he said he would have them to me by the end of the night.

Well....hopefully tomorrow

Reactions: joeymt33
advertisement
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
So, if this ever becomes a reality...
I can run 30" tires which will increase my torque requirement by 20%. The 30% gear reduction will give me 30%.
That way I net 10% increase in torque.

With the 28" Tires (1.5"), Can-Am shocks (2.5"), and the A-arms (1"), I am 5" above stock.
Portals (4") and 30" Tires (1") will get me to 10" above stock.

How about it Chris? Any news?

Reactions: Eltobgi
Tyrel

Tyrel

Jul 31, 2018
Jonesboro Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is anyone running gen3 4" portals? I was wondering how much oil everyone else was able to get in theirs. I know a guy that has gen2 and getting a 1/4 of a quart in each box and I just filled mine for the second time and only took a little under a half a quart for all 4 again. I dont think it's a problem because I'm filling it until it runs out then installing the plug but just wanted some other input.

Thanks guys

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!