Pioneer 4 radial tire and size limits

240tt

Mar 11, 2014
Getting info ready for coming Pioneer 700-4. Not sure how well the stock 25" tires would be but would like to use the stock 12" rim with a radial tire either 26 or 27" size. With 4 people in the unit basic trail and gravel road driving could I get by with 27" tire? really don't want to risk any rub whatsoever. Recommendation appreciated.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I've put 26" Kenda Bear Claw htr radials on a p-2 and don't have any rubbing issues. The Kenda bear claws htr are a 8 ply tire designed for the heavier utvs.

S

sksshooter

Oct 24, 2013
I just put 27x9 mud lites on mine. when I was at the camp this weekend I had myself - over 300, 2 other men 250-300 each and one of their sons ~80 lbs and I had no issues with rubbing or anything.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!