Pioneer 520 Shifting

B

buster60

May 25, 2021
Ownership

1. 500
I was wondering if anyone is having the same problem as I am. I bought a 2021 Pioneer 520 in January. This summer we have been riding it more when it is pretty hot and when we are finished riding it won't shift into neutral. After sitting for a while it will shift into neutral and you can start it. I thought it might be overheating because it was pretty hot outside but the temp gauge says it's ok. It has done this after as little as 15 minutes of easy riding. The dealership says they haven't heard of this problem and to bring it in but they may not be able to recreate the problem. Any ideas

Reactions: TxDoc
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Hi,

I have not had a similar issue with my P520. It was pretty hot here in Omaha this summer too, but only a few days over 100. Mine will shift into N no matter what temp so far.

Rob

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I have a P500, and have not had this problem either, but I do have a few questions. Are you saying it will (manually) upshift and down shift through all the foward gears, but will not go into neutral when this happens? Do you mean it will not downshift past 1st into reverse? Just for the heck of it, when this happens, try rocking it back and forth a few times and try it again. You may or not be aware that you should be able to start it in any gear if you depress the brake pedal.

If you figure out what the problem is, be sure and let us know.

Reactions: Dave75 and trigger
Dave75

Dave75

Lifetime Member
Jan 5, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 520
The only time I had this happen is when the engine is not running.
When I turn off the engine with the p520 in 2nd gear and try to shift to neutral it sometimes won’t shift.
If I start the engine it will shift to neutral.

Reactions: SILVER_ALERT
W

wvmountaineers

Jun 17, 2021
Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
No problems with my 520. Rough shifting for the first 100 miles, as per the norm. Shifting improved dramatically after the first service. I didn’t believe it would make that much difference in smoothness. Hope you get it figured out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 500oneer and Dave75

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!