BOX1

P700 Pioneer 700/2 Deluxe Side Panel Removal

M

Moose1

Oct 9, 2017
New York State
Ownership

1. 700-2
I just purchased 2017 Honda Pioneer 700 2 deluxe. I ordered and just received an EMP rear bumper for it. The instructions call for the removal of each of the rear side panels for installation of the bumper, which appear to be an Allen wrench type screws. Does anyone know what size the Allen screw heads are? All I have is a regular Allen wrench set, which appear to be a little loose when I insert a 7/16. I would appreciate any input anyone has. Thanks

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't really know which bolts you're wondering about, but I'm 99% sure they are going to be metric. I would invest in a decent set of metric hex wrenches if you are going to be working on your Pioneer.

M

Moose1

Oct 9, 2017
New York State
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don't really know which bolts you're wondering about, but I'm 99% sure they are going to be metric. I would invest in a decent set of metric hex wrenches if you are going to be working on your Pioneer.

Thanks, the bolts I am talking about are located on the left and right side of the dump box. The bumper requires me to take the side panels off to put the support brackets into place. There are 3 bolts on each side. Thanks for the advice!

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have an EMP rear bumper I installed on my 2017 P700-2. Yes you do have to take the side panels part way off... I did NOT remove them, just took a couple of the bolts out... Yes it is a Metric size, not sure exactly, but I can check if you need me too...
But, as @Mudwing said...you nee to buy a metric set...you will need them for a lot of different jobs on the Pioneer.....and if you plan to do more Mods on your rig , a lot of the aftermarket and OEM products use metric sizes...so go ahead and buy a set, they are not much money.

Reactions: Mudwing
M

Moose1

Oct 9, 2017
New York State
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have an EMP rear bumper I installed on my 2017 P700-2. Yes you do have to take the side panels part way off... I did NOT remove them, just took a couple of the bolts out... Yes it is a Metric size, not sure exactly, but I can check if you need me too...
But, as @Mudwing said...you nee to buy a metric set...you will need them for a lot of different jobs on the Pioneer.....and if you plan to do more Mods on your rig , a lot of the aftermarket and OEM products use metric sizes...so go ahead and buy a set, they are not much money.

Thanks for the advice. I plan on buying a metric set tomorrow. Off the top of your head.... how much does the EMP rear bumper stick out in comparison to the tale gate? I have a concern for this, due to the size of the trailer I have to haul my bike around. Thanks for your input!!!

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hopefully it will show up in this picture..it not out there much, but it is a few inches more than stock...you can always get a short extension for your receiver hitch if it is a problem with your trailer...but I don't think it will be..

IMG 0597

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I just purchased 2017 Honda Pioneer 700 2 deluxe. I ordered and just received an EMP rear bumper for it. The instructions call for the removal of each of the rear side panels for installation of the bumper, which appear to be an Allen wrench type screws. Does anyone know what size the Allen screw heads are? All I have is a regular Allen wrench set, which appear to be a little loose when I insert a 7/16. I would appreciate any input anyone has. Thanks

I have the front EMP bumper also...if you want to look at my pics in the "Garage" section. You may want one in the future to match the rear bumper.. I really like it also...

Reactions: Mudwing
Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks...If you need any help or get questions, just get on here and ask...Lots of great folks on here..

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I didn' like the whips until I went on a couple night rides. For some reason you can see those things through the trees and not see headlights. I am waiting on a sale on Millar whips.

Reactions: Deluxe700
M

Moose1

Oct 9, 2017
New York State
Ownership

1. 700-2
I didn' like the whips until I went on a couple night rides. For some reason you can see those things through the trees and not see headlights. I am waiting on a sale on Millar whips.

Your are right.... there seems to be a lot of people wanting to assist one another on this site. Thanks for your help. Take care.

ReidMcT

ReidMcT

Lifetime Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hunt, TX
Ownership

1. 700-2
5mm allen wrench. Also there is a small hex-head screw at the front inside of each cover, which takes a 10mm wrench. I would suggest using Blue Loctite when reassembling.

Good luck on the install. Mine was a bit tricky because of missing hardware and misaligned brackets, but it ultimately went together after some persuasion. Could your nuts and bolts before you run to the hardware store for allen wrenches; you might need to buy something to replace stuff that EMP left out of the package.

Reactions: swsebek
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I feel Bad about the whip lights ...I made fun of them and Im sorry.Because after seeing what you stated and I can see them great at night and others can too.I haven't purchased them yet.But deluxe is right I cant stop staring at the red white and blue ones.

M

mole

Mar 3, 2016
Belle Vernon,Pa.

Probably too late but on my 2016 700-2 they were marked h5 in my metric allen wrench set,which is probably 5mm.So many on this site have helped me,I hope I can help someone else.These guys on here are great & really know what their talking about!

M

Moose1

Oct 9, 2017
New York State
Ownership

1. 700-2
Probably too late but on my 2016 700-2 they were marked h5 in my metric allen wrench set,which is probably 5mm.So many on this site have helped me,I hope I can help someone else.These guys on here are great & really know what their talking about!
Thanks.... they are a 5MM.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!