BOX1

Pioneer 700 Accessory fuse/power issue

P

Pete

May 24, 2015
I plugged in a Brinkman spotlight to the accessory plug on my Honda Pioneer 700 4. I used this same spotlight with my Honda Big Red (predecessor to the Pioneer) for several years with no issues whatsoever. The light came on for a brief period then the 10 amp fuse blew. I replaced the fuse, but the power is still not available at the accessory. Help please!

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
i know you said you replaced the fuse,but was it a good fuse, and did you test for power with the spotlite again?

P

Pete

May 24, 2015
I pulled the new fuse and tested it with my voltmeter. It tested good so I replaced it. I also checked for power with the voltmeter. Thanks. Pete

P

Pete

May 24, 2015
Is there a relay somewhere in the circuit that could be faulty? The accessory plug is only hot when the ignition is on.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
looking at the schematic it looks like the fan and the outlet share the same power feed straight from the ignition swith. The power starts at the battery, threw a 40A fuse to a junction point 4 which is some kinda of distribution block with a bunch of red wires, from there to the ignition switch the to the fuse block where this particular power feeds the fan and the acc. outlet fuses. I think, I cant zoom in on the schematic real good and i'm getting old and blind. The schematic is right at the top of the page in this section all you need to do is locate the outlet on there and follow the wires from point a to point b, where ever you loose power will be your problem. Hope this will help you keep us posted.

Reactions: DesertWreck
P

Pete

May 24, 2015
looking at the schematic it looks like the fan and the outlet share the same power feed straight from the ignition swith. The power starts at the battery, threw a 40A fuse to a junction point 4 which is some kinda of distribution block with a bunch of red wires, from there to the ignition switch the to the fuse block where this particular power feeds the fan and the acc. outlet fuses. I think, I cant zoom in on the schematic real good and i'm getting old and blind. The schematic is right at the top of the page in this section all you need to do is locate the outlet on there and follow the wires from point a to point b, where ever you loose power will be your problem. Hope this will help you keep us posted.
Thanks for all the effort. I need a little more. Precisely where can I find that schematic? Pete

P

Pete

May 24, 2015
Thanks for all the effort. I need a little more. Precisely where can I find that schematic? Pete

Thanks. Very helpful. Pete

P

Pete

May 24, 2015
I solved the problem. After much frustration checking all the wiring and finding all well, I pulled the fuse I replaced (while engine running). The engine stopped. I then checked the fuse next to that one and found it blown as well. Everything works great now.

Reactions: DesertWreck
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!