Pioneer 700 review from Canada

C

cuthbert1962

Dec 20, 2013
I have had my 700-4 for about a year now and must say after the initial adjustment period (coming from my old '98 450 foreman) I must say I love this machine. We have been on a number of deep woods adventures carrying up to 4 people and a dog plus all our gear for a 3 day trip and the pioneer has impressed both myself and my passengers. Dog didn't say much but he looked happy enough. Only thing I would say I have had issues with would be the soft front suspension when traveling in the woods. I have bottomed out a few times quite hard as the front end dipped with weight shift when going into a low spot in the trail which required braking. I have changed the tires up to 27 inch mud bugs and have done some suspension mods which have greatly improved this issue. You need the stiffer suspension on front if you are going to hook up a plow cuz those 72 inch plows are heavy. Oh also used it for spreading a load of gravel this summer and it had more than enough power for the task

Reactions: bobbyhill
Simpleman

Simpleman

Nov 19, 2014
Yuba City, California
There is a post about putting a front coil spacer on the pioneer. I have the 700 p-2 and did a 3/4 inch spacer and it gave me an inch of ride height and preloaded the coil. No issues with bottoming out now plus extra ground clearance without a "lift kit"..... The axles and tie rods are not in a bind so I feel this is a great "poor mans" fix to the issue. I call it cheap smart ingenuity!

Y

Yaoshiru

May 7, 2015
This knowledge isveryusefulto me.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yaoshiru welcome to the Club!! If you need any help feel free to ask. everyone is more than helpfull here.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!