Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Nice rig!
We just upgraded our 5er with a 40' Keystone carbon. Really like it so far. The only draw back to 3axel units is that in certain states, you'll have to go threw the weigh stations. My buddy has has one and says that the worst thing about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Nice rig!
We just upgraded our 5er with a 40' Keystone carbon. Really like it so far. The only draw back to 3axel units is that in certain states, you'll have to go threw the weigh stations. My buddy has has one and says that the worst thing about it.

Really? Didn't know that

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice rig!

Never heard such a thing. As long as you don't have commercial plates on the truck or camper I was told never have to hit scales. I've towed to california, Bristol Tennessee, Dallas, and Michigan, and back to Arkansas and never hit a scale anywhere. Here is a pic of mine today after I washed up everything for this coming weekend. 24d5b15c6a66f81345fe612aebfbdd55

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Never heard such a thing. As long as you don't have commercial plates on the truck or camper I was told never have to hit scales. I've towed to california, Bristol Tennessee, Dallas, and Michigan, and back to Arkansas and never hit a scale anywhere. Here is a pic of mine today after I washed up everything for this coming weekend. View attachment 24347

It's only in certain states. Florida is one I know for sure. You don't have to, but if there not busy and feel like being a pita, they will stop you! My buddy got hit passing one up in Florida. My RV dealer said the same thing when we were tossing about a 3 axel. They all might be full of s*** or the rest of us. Just telling you what I heard and the b****ing of my buddy I heard about.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I could be reciprocity law. If you have to weigh a trailer in your state where it's registered you have to do it in all the states with the same laws. I got pulled over in New Hampshire with a motorcycle trailer because I didn't have a tag on the back, and I told the trooper I didn't have to be registered in tennessee, he checked then I was on my way. Kinda like a hand gun permit law. Just my 2cents lol

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I could be reciprocity law. If you have to weigh a trailer in your state where it's registered you have to do it in all the states with the same laws. I got pulled over in New Hampshire with a motorcycle trailer because I didn't have a tag on the back, and I told the trooper I didn't have to be registered in tennessee, he checked then I was on my way. Kinda like a hand gun permit law. Just my 2cents lol

That's how I believe it is. You don't have to here in michigan. Now, In California....well,that's another country right? you might get a tkt for farting & polluting the air if your not careful! Lol. All kidding aside, prob the much like having a farm plate here, many officers don't bother you with it. Just don't do anything to promote it.

Reactions: sharp
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Don't want to take over this thread, I'll show this pic and be quiet. 8f0de6d98c7badf1b44c0ee1d4a86480A134940f582c9cbaa4152f88edaddf4bsince we're showing off rigs lol here's the one I just upgraded to. We also use ours for tailgates at michigan football games, so the party deck gets good use.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@JACKAL will know the answer. He pulls these things around the country for accessory money. Lol
Unless you are a commercial vehicle you do not have to go into ANY weight station. The signs that say all trucks 13 ton and over must weigh means the GVWR of the truck, not pickup and camper combined. The heaviest GVWR of any pickup is 14,400 lbs like my Ford F450. Some people do use medium duty trucks, even semi tractors to tow the biggest 5th wheels. As long as it is not for hire, you not required to pull in.

I deliver campers all over the country only time I pull in is when the sign says, "All Commercial Vehicles must exit"

Only exceptions are states with port of entry like California, they check pretty much everything that can haul cargo, they just flag you over to make sure you aren't bringing in 40 more welfare recipients from South of the border.

Even big semi's converted to motor homes don't have to weigh as long as for private use. Like this.
C113e82fc24473f836bbd40af795149b

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!