BOX1

P1000 Pioneer Camping

B

BillChestnutt

Oct 11, 2018
East Valley Arizona’s
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just completed an annual side by side camping trip with a group of friend . For the last two years we have taken a multi day long distance camping trip . I have a bed extender on my 1000-5 but still can’t fit all my gear with me . One of the guys in the group hauls a trailer behind his Ranger. I’m wondering if I should build a trailer or just get a cargo basket to mount in my receiver hitch? Both option have pro‘s and con’s so I’m looking for suggestions on what others here have done. The basket adds weight father out the back end but will not affect turning radius or having to backup. A trailer lame haul everything I need separate from the pioneer. This means I can go exploring after camp is setup and not haul a lot with me, but sharp corners and steep decline / incline ( like crossing creek beds ) might be a problem. Let me hear what options you use.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rough country makes a hood basket. You can also do the rear door storage mod. Milwaukee makes pack out boxes that are really popular on here. Personally I would not want a trailer.

Reactions: JenElio
Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just get the "Glamper"
Everything you want or need, fits in its very roomy interior.
Bring the family, and friends, room for everyone.
;)
edit to add
I think I read somewhere that the new model has slide outs and free WIFI.
The brochure said something about free continental breakfast, but Only if you bought the Super Deluxe Upgrade Package. Think you have to put ID 10 T in the order form.
Have a good day

Last edited:
Jas sxs

Jas sxs

Oct 15, 2021
rankin county ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just completed an annual side by side camping trip with a group of friend . For the last two years we have taken a multi day long distance camping trip . I have a bed extender on my 1000-5 but still can’t fit all my gear with me . One of the guys in the group hauls a trailer behind his Ranger. I’m wondering if I should build a trailer or just get a cargo basket to mount in my receiver hitch? Both option have pro‘s and con’s so I’m looking for suggestions on what others here have done. The basket adds weight father out the back end but will not affect turning radius or having to backup. A trailer lame haul everything I need separate from the pioneer. This means I can go exploring after camp is setup and not haul a lot with me, but sharp corners and steep decline / incline ( like crossing creek beds ) might be a problem. Let me hear what options you use.
if you have a roof rack have you thought about a roof rack /basket

on amazon for a small car or walmart

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don't camp, but I am more partial to the trailer idea. Set up camp and leave the trailer there. When you get home you could leave the trailer packed until the next excursion, leaving the Pioneer ready to ride. Below are a few examples of trailers, some even have a tent built in.

Reactions: WagginTail
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!