Pioneer fabric doors

D

daberry

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 4, 2013
Kansas
Just sent a copy of your pics to my dealer! He'll get a kick out of that!

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
Im in Indiana incase hes wondering btw.

I was surprised they came too. No idea how long I'll have to wait for the fronts though. Maybe I can get someone to drive me around while I sit in the back!

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
So, its the 15th, the day most people have been told the doors would be released. Oddly enough, a Sunday.

Anyone have updates on the front doors?

Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
Does anyone know if the pioneer can be trailered with the fabric doors on? I'm taking mine to my dealer with in the next week to get the winch and plow installed, and hopefully the doors if they came in...

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As long as you have a windshield and roof of some sort I don't think it will be an issue. They are stiff and perpendicular to the airflow.

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
Picked up my fabric doors at the dealer yesterday. Can't put them on till Sat. Said they are trying to get heaters out by year end....we'll see

advertisement
B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
Checked at my dealer today for my doors, They had been sitting there for 2 weeks, atleast by what he said. Odd, I had called monday the 16th to check and they said they werent there. I'm just glad this was the last thing I was waiting on from them.

Installation was fairly straightforward. 4 rivets hold brackets to the door, and 1 "jackbolt" is inserted into top of door.

There are small squares to trim off of plastic edge of door to fit the 2 piece windshields.

I took a quick spin to check em out, I'm still in the middle of making mounts for the front winch/bumper so it looks a little odd.

Photo16

Photo33

Photo42

Photo26

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Looks nice! Thinking of doors myself. are you satisfied with the Quality and fit? What's involved in taking them off? Looks like they have a strap to operate the door handle. The only thing I need are the doors and my cab would be enclosed but was wondering if my widows would fog up without the heater. The high temps have been in the teens lately

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
I think Im pretty happy with them- both front and rear.

We went out in a torrential downpour tonight, heavy winds and rain, we had 3 adults in the front, and were pretty happy with the protection. My wife rode in the middle, and had a wet leg after 20 mins or so. As did I after we parked, the water from the heavy winds ran around the glovebox, and dripped into the floor, onto our feet/legs. This could be fixed with some rubber placement though.

We were glad to stay this dry really, it was very bad out. I'm pretty happy with how they fit overall. They aren't tight like a car, but thats not the goal.

As far as removal, they are pretty quick to remove. Once you locate the mounts, the actual doors remove/install within a few minutes.

pipefighter577

pipefighter577

Nov 20, 2013
Ohio
Elkhunter I saw in another thread where someone had trouble with their windshield fogging up and freezing on the inside without the heater.

pipefighter577

pipefighter577

Nov 20, 2013
Ohio
Binfordw I see that the front of the door swings the the inside and ends up sticking out towards the door opening. Does this make it any harder to get in. I had to learn not to jam my rear end on the bar by the seat at first.

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
The only 2 things I noticed about the doors and useability-

Opening the door the first few times, I hit myself in the face lol. I put one hand on the window frame while I pull the latch, much less awkward.

They catch wind! They fly open if you don't hold onto the handle in strong winds.

Other then that, I'm loving the doors. I will be finding the water fittings I need to finish my heater soon, really interested to see how it does.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!