Pioneer fabric doors

Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
Has anyone bought the fabric doors and installed them yet? I have the glass windshield, hard roof, and soft rear panel, and I'm wondering about ordering the 4 fabric doors. I want doors that are easy to come off, as I only plan on leaving them on for winter plowing...

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
The doors dont get released until the 31st I believe. I plan on buying a set, will let you know when I get them.

Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
Well, I Just Ordered All 4 Fabric Doors, And Installed The Back Cloth Panel Today.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll be excited to see how they install and seal be sure to take pics. I'll be ordering some soon myself.

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
Anyone seen doors yet??? Honda Heater?? Update on release dates?? Getting cold here.

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
When we called this week to ensure that yet another deadline they gave us for delivery of our pioneer would be missed, they also mentioned that the soft doors are still not available. No dates, but Its not like the dates would matter at this point.

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
binfordw said:
When we called this week to ensure that yet another deadline they gave us for delivery of our pioneer would be missed, they also mentioned that the soft doors are still not available. No dates, but Its not like the dates would matter at this point.

Called parts today to check. Doors are now not due in until Dec 15……and the heater is not due in until Jan 1. :eek: Shoot……could use 'em now…..not in Spring. :x

Note to self: This is the last time you buy a first year production model. You are never happy when you do this…..all manufactures break their promises.

Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
Yea, I just spoke to my dealer too and he said dec 15th for the doors... And still no word on an aftermarket plow yet either... Hopefully the snow holds off lol

bfair

bfair

Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2013
Jerry3 said:
Yea, I just spoke to my dealer too and he said dec 15th for the doors... And still no word on an aftermarket plow yet either... Hopefully the snow holds off lol

Eagle plows Have both plow and winch mount for the pioneer. The numbers are part number 2838 for the plow mount and 1838 for the winch mount.

advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dealers are all being told they will be available Dec 15th probably won't get them till after first of year.

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
Picked up my 700-4 today (finally!) And low and behold, the rear fabric doors were there. No fronts yet, but perhaps not too far behind.

First impressions, pretty slick looking. They are a light aluminum tube frame, and the door (window) itself actually pivots as the door opens. A quick glance shows one or two bolts used I think, but the rest is secured by velcro straps. I just finished installing hardtop, 2 piece windscreen and rear panel, I'll get picks of the rear doors later tonight. Still gotta do the while "reveal" for the wife and kids, shes at work.

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
strange they would ship rear doors before the would ship front doors. Duh!

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
Yea, what I thought. Can't wait for the fronts!

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
OK….it was 5 degrees this morning. Making ice on the lakes. I really could USE the dang doors and a heater. NOW would be nice!…..and don't ship the first ones to FL.

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
Just mounted my rear doors and mid screen. Seems pretty nice, However, for $550, I would've liked to see another mounting option besides hose clamps!

I stuck some innertube pieces under the hose clamps to prevent rollbar scratches.

D

daberry

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 4, 2013
Kansas
Binfordw, How difficult was mounting the doors? Could ya snap a pics or two of the hose clamps? Thanks, Dale

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
Mounting wasn't too bad, I put both on in 20 mins or so I'd say. I didn't get a pic of the hardware, sry- I had bad lighting in the shop this morning, so the pics I did grab are pretty poor. It uses 3 hose clamps per side, and plastic clips- The hose clamp goes through the clips base, then attaches to rollbar. the aluminum tube of the door frame snaps into the clips and locks shut, so they can be removed fairly easily without removing the mounts- just unsnap the clips, and unstrap Velcro in 4-5 places. Was a bit surprised to see hoseclamps, but, I guess it does work fine- and they aren't really noticeable.

You unscrew a bolt from the door latch, and re-attach with a buckle for a web strap, that's what holds the top of the "door" to the actual door. Then a strap clips onto the handle, and pokes through a grommet in the door, so it can be opened from the outside by pulling the strap.

Overall, pretty happy with them. Price is steep at $550, but that will be long forgotten when its 0 degrees!

Photo 2

Photo1 1

D

daberry

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 4, 2013
Kansas
Thanks for the pics, like everyone I am waiting for mine to come in. I think you are the first to have received them! My dealer can't even order them yet. He tried and the order keeps getting canceled as not available.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!