BOX1

Pioneer in back of truck!

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a diamond back and was hoping to go this route as well. Is your truck a long box or short box. Wondering how it fits. I have a 2500 Ram Power Wagon with a 6.5' box. Was wondering how the factory Diamond back UTV kit worked or if I had to make a custom setup.

My truck is a short box, so same thing 6.5' box. The factory kit works well, it's a bit of a pucker getting it up there and I run the tiedown straps crossed over and attach them to the center section which I have attached to the bed with the 4x canopy clamps, and due to the width for the rams one of the bolts for the extension brackets is bolted through the top rail of the bed as well. The pioneer is just at the weight rating of the ramps so you don't want to have a ton of extra gear in the rig, but I did speak with Diamond back and there are some engineering safety margins built into the ramps so should be fine... I've got probably 8000km hauling it up there so far.

jgritters

jgritters

Feb 2, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mine fits great in my 2007 Chevy 2500 long box. I remove the tailgate to spare any tailgate damage during loading. I can also pull my camper this way.

EC830786 C8C5 4584 B5F8 319C210C8FE6

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!