Pioneer Seat Back

Y

Yooper

Sep 17, 2013
The seat back hits me wrong, I ended up with a sore back every time I took a long ride. My solutions sounds a bit odd but it worked for me. I removed the seat back, flipped it upside down and re-installed it. The middle bolt doesn't hit a hole but I don't think it will matter. The change makes the seat back more upright and it fits me much better.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yooper.
I too noticed this, but it was mostly when I road with out the seat belt on. Once I put the belt on it would hold me in the seat fairly well. I thought about turning it over and seeing if it felt better. I'lll will see what everyone else says and may try it out.

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
I will agree but have noticed the more I ride the more my back seems to get used to it. I will keep riding and see what happens may have to try this also.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
So, Found out its called a Lumbar seat! Its supposed to save your lower back.

This is from Ask.com. http://ergonomics.about.com/od/car/ss/a ... seat_5.htm
The lumbar support can be a saving grace during long drives, or if you already suffer from back pain. If your car seat does not have an integrated lumbar support you should get an after market one.
Adjust the lumbar support so that the curve of your spine is evenly supported. Make sure not to over do it. You don't want you S-curve being pushed out. Just a nice, gentle, even support.

Attachments

• lumbar[1].jpg
    lumbar[1].jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 583

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!