Pioneer seat

C

Cutter75

Apr 28, 2021
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Can someone please tell me what is the best kind of glue to use when you glue the cushion back to the seat base?? (Its come apart)
Its on a Honda pioneer 1000

Reactions: TxDoc
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Can someone please tell me what is the best kind of glue to use when you glue the cushion back to the seat base?? (Its come apart)
Its on a Honda pioneer 1000
Mines a 16 and the seats are thicker on the later models, mines coming apart as well. Going buy new seat, think around $100.00 for new lower cushion.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
i dont have an answer to what glue would be best, but on my p700 i just put a seat cover on it and called it good. My seat got wet inside from washing which was ok during the summer months but really sucked when winter rolls around and temps drop below freezing. The seat cover not only holds the two pieces of the seat together it keeps the inner foam from getting wet. I dont know whats available for the p1k's but I went with the genuine honda cover for the p700.

Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Try shoe goo! @Smitty335 is right, better off buying a new one.

BTW, Welcome from Miiiichigan

Its your first post and no pics so...
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN! ;)

Reactions: Smitty335
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Screenshot 20210429 045918

I used this on my 700 seat a couple months ago. Seems to be holding up well so far but I think the hot summer months will be the real test. One tube was barely enough. I would use 2 and go a little thicker. I completely removed the cushion from the base and made sure everything was clean and dry. I used some ratchet straps to pull the cushion down tight on the base. Especially on the ends. Also set some weights on it to help with that.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!