Bent seat back corners

K

kyn4ser

Dec 2, 2023
Paint lick, Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 and I’ve started having trouble with my rear seat back(also becomes the bed floor) when I try to raise it lower my back seats the lower back corners of the bed side of the seat back have become curved/bent up a little on the corners and I have to hammer down on them with my palm to get them to raise up
As they catch on the bed. I think maybe over time hay and cattle feed had built up around the seat belt area and made the corners start catching until they have become quite bent. After this long explanation, My question is can these corners be heated up with a heat gun and shaped back into factory condition. If it’s not clear I’ll attach a picture or video.heres a link for a video short of it.

IMG 4471

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’ll attach a picture
Welcome from Michigan.
Before doing all of that, Got to tell us what Rig you have make and Model.
Also, start an intro thread and yes post pics of your rig. This will help you get some help about this issue as proof of purchase. Its Rule#4 when u first post/join called
Pics Or It Didnt Happen

• Haha
Reactions: JenElio and 906UP
K

kyn4ser

Dec 2, 2023
Paint lick, Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Michigan.
Before doing all of that, Got to tell us what Rig you have make and Model.
Also, start an intro thread and yes post pics of your rig. This will help you get some help about this issue as proof of purchase. Its Rule#4 when u first post/join called
Pics Or It Didnt Happen
Sorry my newbie is showing thru. I’m running a 2017 Pioneer 1000-5. I will upload pics when I get home. Thanks for the heads up.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
...... I think maybe over time gay and cattle feed had built up around the seat belt area and made the corners start catching until they have become quite bent. After this long explanation, My question is can these corners be heated up with a heat gun and shaped back into factory condition. If it’s not clear I’ll attach a picture or video.
Welcome from South Florida

Try and post the pics when you get a sec but yeah, I think you should be able to heat it back to shape(ish). If you use the bed a lot for things that can get lodged in the small openings maybe think about a bed mat in the future to prevent this from happening again.

And yeah, all that gay will get under there and mess things up........😬😂😂

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sorry my newbie is showing thru. I’m running a 2017 Pioneer 1000-5. I will upload pics when I get home. Thanks for the heads up.
No worries.
First owner of the rig?

K

kyn4ser

Dec 2, 2023
Paint lick, Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from South Florida

Try and post the pics when you get a sec but yeah, I think you should be able to heat it back to shape(ish). If you use the bed a lot for things that can get lodged in the small openings maybe think about a bed mat in the future to prevent this from happening again.

And yeah, all that gay will get under there and mess things up........😬😂😂
Sorry. I need to wear my glasses when messaging. But yea HAY n feed lol. Idk how to edit my post.

• Haha
Reactions: JenElio
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Nice! Welcome to the rare 16,17 still original owners club!
Did u get all the recalls/updates done and more importantly, the clutch upgrade campaign done?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sorry. I need to wear my glasses when messaging. But yea HAY n feed lol. Idk how to edit my post.
Hit the 3 dots at the bottom of your post next to Report and “edit” will pop up

Reactions: JenElio and kyn4ser
K

kyn4ser

Dec 2, 2023
Paint lick, Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hit the 3 dots at the bottom of your post next to Report and “edit” will pop up
I think I have it presentable now and added a video which I don’t see yet.
I have a 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 and I’ve started having trouble with my rear seat back(also becomes the bed floor) when I try to raise it lower my back seats the lower back corners of the bed side of the seat back have become curved/bent up a little on the corners and I have to hammer down on them with my palm to get them to raise up
As they catch on the bed. I think maybe over time hay and cattle feed had built up around the seat belt area and made the corners start catching until they have become quite bent. After this long explanation, My question is can these corners be heated up with a heat gun and shaped back into factory condition. If it’s not clear I’ll attach a picture or video.

Did u get all the recalls/updates done and more importantly, the clutch upgrade campaign done?
I wasn’t aware of the recalls or upgrades. I guess my dealer isn’t doing a good job on informing customers.

K

kyn4ser

Dec 2, 2023
Paint lick, Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just called my dealership and all of my recalls are taken care of however I’m out of luck on the clutch upgrade. They said it had expired. BUT. I was welcome to get it done if I wanted to pay for it.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I just called my dealership and all of my recalls are taken care of however I’m out of luck on the clutch upgrade. They said it had expired. BUT. I was welcome to get it done if I wanted to pay for it.
Yep that clutch update is a big one if not, the most important one of all. Too bad you didn’t take advantage of it back then. And of course they’ll do it if you pay for it.😏
They ain’t stupid.
Not a very good dealership for not even mentioning it to you when it was available

K

kyn4ser

Dec 2, 2023
Paint lick, Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep that clutch update is a big one if not, the most important one of all. Too bad you didn’t take advantage of it back then. And of course they’ll do it if you pay for it.😏
They ain’t stupid.
Not a very good dealership for not even mentioning it to you when it was available
Agreed. I’ve bought 3 six’s and an atv from them too. Very disappointed.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I think I have it presentable now and added a video which I don’t see yet.
To post a video you have to first upload it to something such as YouTube then post the link here. Pictures are much easier, just click "attach files" on the bottom left corner of your post, then select what you want to attach 👍🏼

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
To post a video you have to first upload it to something such as YouTube then post the link here. Pictures are much easier, just click "attach files" on the bottom left corner of your post, then select what you want to attach 👍🏼
We are such a good bunch of helping people aren't we Jennay? Mama says good things come to people who help others like Lt. Dan

• Haha
Reactions: kyn4ser and JenElio
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If you look. 30% if towns in Ky are something Lick. Idk what was happening when they colonized Ky.
Haha! My family is from South Eastern Ky they live in a town called Maytown
TurkeyCreek and so on. I always found it funny that they lived in a county named after a fish! Pike County

Reactions: kyn4ser

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!