P1000 pioneer vs talon clutch

mootyfab

mootyfab

Jun 13, 2018
greensboro, nc
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i searched and it has been touched on but never answered as far as i could see..... is there a reason the talon has a different part number for the clutch as compared to the pioneers part number? could it possibly be a viable upgrade as compared to a stock pioneer clutch? just curious because i know a lot of the drivetrain parts are interchangeable like the reverse gears which i am about to tackle as soon as the last part shows up.

pioneer part number: 22500-HL4-003
talon part number: 22500-HL6-A01

thanks!

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Good question. If a tougher clutch is available, I would rather put it in if/when the original fails.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe it has more disks in it and maybe doesn't fit I thought I read. @snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
From what i was told, the clutch didn't appear to have any major differences. The center drive gear plate that hold the springs together was a little thicker so maybe the clutch housing had to be modded a little but no visual differences. That being said, the turbo talons are using basically the same setup as the pioneer.

mootyfab

mootyfab

Jun 13, 2018
greensboro, nc
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I guess that answers that... guess ima just keep saving for an IGR and be done with it. thanks!

D

David young

Jan 9, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone put a talon clutch in a pioneer?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!