Pioneer vs. Viking

HondaTim

HondaTim

Feb 8, 2014
Is there anyone on this forum that has a pioneer and has drove a viking and seen the advantages to owning a pioneer over the viking? I have driven my buddies viking but yet to have driven a pioneer.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
pioneer advantage is no rubber band :D but the ultramatic belt system doesnt give much trouble

Finkleshtine

Finkleshtine

Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2014
Windsor, CA
I have a Pioneer, a friend has a Viking.
I know a short Viking is still too wide at 61.8" for a 5' trailer with any sidewalls, vs. 60.0 for the Pioneer. They both have advantages over each other, to me the Pioneer was a better fit. Most of the time I only have 2 people, but it gives me the option to hold 4 and still have a 2-seater footprint.

L

longbeards

Feb 25, 2014
I have a 2014 Pioneer, my brother has a 2014 Viking.

His is a great ride, but I don't like belts,,had one fail me in Alaska a while back,,,

My Pioneer is much more quiet, less engine noise,,,which working in it every day on the farm I appreciate..

Just my two cents worth,,,

HondaTim

HondaTim

Feb 8, 2014
Yea that's what I keep hearing ... there is just so many little features the viking comes with that the pioneer don't ... Viking also has good power ... but on viking is having problems with lifts snapping axles and if you go on a long ride you better have an extra belt just in case ... pioneer the only thing I could think of is a battery jumper box and possibly a spare tire that's it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!