Pioneer Winch bumper pics

pipefighter577

pipefighter577

Nov 20, 2013
Ohio
I'm just looking my front bumper over to get an idea of how I'm going to (eventually) build mine. Can you snap a couple pics from the back side to show us how you attached your mounts to the bumper and the frame next chance you get? Also keep us posted if you add any corner braces as it appears there's not many solid options to mount to there.

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
I will get pic's of the mounts when I finish them up.

I started grinding/sanding in the past couple days. Getting close to painting now.

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
Pipefighter- a few quick thoughts on bumper fab incase it helps ideas.

The top bumper/frame mounts accept 1.5" square tube. If you want to make a bumper, pick up a couple feet of it (.083 to .125" imo)

I would make those square mounts fit frame, then make a bumper. fit to mounts, tack to mounts. Then fab a skidplate to lower mounts.

pipefighter577

pipefighter577

Nov 20, 2013
Ohio
Good to know. I was really wanting to just build off the factory bumper to cut down on the fab work. I think with a couple corner braces it should be fine. I'm probly not gonna go quite as big as yours either.

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
Well I finally started working on this again. The super cold weather had me switching gears and working on that heater install, but now I'm warm and done with that so I spent a little time finishing the winch bumper mounts. I finished welding and sanding/painting the bumper shell a week or two back, and had it mounted on the unpainted skidplate/mount- Mainly because it looked good! lol.

I pulled it off tonight, and finished some welds, capped the "high" sides of the frame mounts (to keep mud/dirt from sitting in them), and reworked the winch fairlead/ bumper shell mount. I tossed the stock winch plate, and made a heavier version I could weld on the mount. This made the bumper shell much more rigid. I don't think I will need to bother with bracing the ends of the bumper now.

The Upper frame mounts are for 1.5" square tube, I used 3/16" plate instead. I spaced the bolts with some heavy 5/8" tubing to prevent crushing the frame mounts when tightened. It likely may have been easier to use 1.5" tube, but my method seems plenty sturdy. The bottom plate is one piece, I bent the edges to fit the frame mounts, and then using the spacers, added the top braces. The heavy skidplate ties it into the lower mounts on the frame.

Photo36

Photo37

Photo19

And then this poor pic of the painted bumper mounted

Photo12 1

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
Finally!

Finished wiring my winch while paint dried on the bumper and mount, and bolted everything up yesterday. I finally have a working winch- and a pretty cool looking bumper if I say so myself!!! I made a small plate that uses the front grill support bolts to mount my remote winch plug in, and ofcourse have the dash mounted switches as well. Pretty slick, and I'm sure will come in handy soon enough!

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Its not "perfect", but its good enough really. It is on an ATV after all. ALL seams- or folds, were welded. So they were ALL ground down, sanded and smoothed.

Photo111

Photo211

Photo112

Photo212

Now I think I'll turn my focus to the rear of the machine :)

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Wow. That is sweet. I really like the look. It flows well with the lines.
I wished I had the means to make this.

I will be looking for your rear bumper as that is on my list of next upgrades.
Thanks.

pipefighter577

pipefighter577

Nov 20, 2013
Ohio
I've got to do this soon. I already put a big dent in my front bumper and skid plate. May do the rear first since there's no bumper at all. Probly just make one out of pipe for the rear though.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!