Pioneer's Under Dash after being in Mud

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
To anyone who has driven there Pioneer in the mud /muddy water etc: how bad do they get mud etc; up under the dash.The reason I'am asking is I was thinking of making some sort of inner mud stopper for the front.I'am wondering if its a good thing to make something like that.I'got my Pioneer when we already had snow so I have no clue as to what it's going to be like in the mud etc;.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
What do you mean by inner dash? Under the dash would be pretty easy to hose out, as is the area that would be called a firewall on a car, under the "hood".

To me, the big collector of mud is that huge vertical gap in the plastic just behind the front wheels. Hold tons of mud, and tough to get out. Clearly, Honda did not wash their own test mules or they would have corrected this.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
DG Rider said:
What do you mean by inner dash? Under the dash would be pretty easy to hose out, as is the area that would be called a firewall on a car, under the "hood".

To me, the big collector of mud is that huge vertical gap in the plastic just behind the front wheels. Hold tons of mud, and tough to get out. Clearly, Honda did not wash their own test mules or they would have corrected this.
That's it the Firewall,what has me concerned is will mud etc get up around the switches,e-brake,pack in around the headlight,that's what I'am asking about.I plan on putting flares and mud flaps on once I make the the mud stopper.The frame that I plan on making will have to be remove able in order to service the headlight plus if I ever have to work on anything in that area.I'am also planning on making a under floor protector [skid plate] that folds down so it can be easily cleaned out. I hate having to spend lots of time cleaning out mud etc: I'am not into going through mud etc: [I'll go around if possible] but trail riding does give all kinds of different conditions,and sometimes sh*t happens.So if I can keep all the mud out its less time to have to clean.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!