P700 Access after installing heat shield

t-harrell

t-harrell

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2023
Moore, OK
Ownership

1. 700-4
Newb here and looking to do some things to my new to me 2016 700-4. I've been looking at the prefabbed heat shield kits that are available for under the front bench seat. From what I understand, these have double sided tape and stick to the area under the seat. My question is, how do you get access the dipstick and oil fill? I know you could just lift the shield up and get access, but the more you do this the less sticky it will become. I have not seen any of these kits in person, just online, so curious about this. Thanks!

Reactions: JenElio and osobad
osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Newb here and looking to do some things to my new to me 2016 700-4. I've been looking at the prefabbed heat shield kits that are available for under the front bench seat. From what I understand, these have double sided tape and stick to the area under the seat. My question is, how do you get access the dipstick and oil fill? I know you could just lift the shield up and get access, but the more you do this the less sticky it will become. I have not seen any of these kits in person, just online, so curious about this. Thanks!
Look into getting a trigger shield and be done. It will work better . Search these forums. Oh you will be hearing from a forum member named Remington soon with a public service announcement :):):)

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Newb here and looking to do some things to my new to me 2016 700-4.
Remington soon with a public service announcement :):):)
Welcome from radical leftist Run Michigan!
Like said above, when you first post there is Rule #4 so we dont assume your a Poo Poo Fire Trap infiltrator and thats pics as in….
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!
Of your rig!

😂🤣

t-harrell

t-harrell

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2023
Moore, OK
Ownership

1. 700-4
Here’s the only pic I have. The seller deleted the ad, but I got this pic from the messenger conversation. I’ve already taken it down to the river where we have a seasonal camp site. Won’t be able to get better pics until we go back down in a couple of weeks 298b3d7b308545ec735c494ef95c6507

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!