Plastic burning smell?

Elevatedii

Elevatedii

May 5, 2024
NJ
Ownership

1. 500
I just bought the machine and this is the list of things I’ve done so far (maintenance and upgrades).

After getting the machine back from servicing I noticed a decent amount of coolant from the bleed valve had run out and down the hose. I began installing the new parts (about 7 days from service to finishing the installs) I installed the light bar and cubes power direct to the battery. (Switches are always powered when ignition is off, I know, but I always start it every day and move it around) Took it out for a ride and noticed a plastic burning smell in the cab. Thought it was the 50 watt led headlights so I removed and replaced with the oem 35 watt halogen. Smelling around and couldn’t find a source. Took it out again today, 10 minute ride, noticed the smell again. I looked around, smelled around the battery box thinking my wiring job was causing it, no distinct smell in that area which I did smell in the cab. Removed the seat and faintly smelled the plastic smell.

Got under the machine and noticed coolant coming front the top of the hose where it attaches to the elbow which the bleed valve is attached. The coolant was running down (single drop line all the down) where it is circled in the picture. *The picture was taken 2 hours later and had dried up to where you see it now*

Smell goes away when off. The “plastic” burning smell is only in the cab area, under the machine smells like coolant. Could it be one in the same? Thanks

IMG 7521 IMG 7522

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Smell goes away when off. The “plastic” burning smell is only in the cab area, under the machine smells like coolant. Could it be one in the same? Thanks
Yes. When your coolant is warm the smell can be kinda plastic smelling so that makes since.
After getting the machine back from servicing
So u took it in for servicing. Did they change the coolant? And why?
Second, if its leaking and they touched it, take it back unless u feel like fixing there mistake cuz im sure u taking it in to get a service you paid a pretty penny.

Elevatedii

Elevatedii

May 5, 2024
NJ
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks Remington!

It’s a 2015 and I don’t have a good history on the machine, wanted to play it safe and change all the fluids and have a Honda tech look it over good before I drive it to eastern Ohio to go hunting in a week.

I’m going to give them a call in the AM. I’m hoping it’s just the clamp at the top of the hose that is pictured isn’t tightened down.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!