MKULTRA

Account Closed
Account Self Deleted
Supporting Member
Feb 17, 2019
IA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey fellas. Just wondering if anybody has found or tried an aftermarket snow plow power angle kit, either electric or hydraulic. I have an Eagle 72” on my P700 & would like to add this, but the well known brands cost more than the whole plow set up did. Will adding this require a second battery set up if electric? I’m wondering if the electric linear actuator kits would be slow to turn? Not looking to spend a bunch, but options may be limited. Might be easier to upgrade to a plow system that has a power angle kit already. Will the P 700 handle the heavier plow systems? Anyhoo, thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

Hawk

Hawk

Aug 8, 2015
Central PA.
I can't answer most of your questions about the kits. But the 700-2 will handle the weight.
I put a Boss 6' poly on in 2015. It weighs 315 according to Boss specs, I think it may be a little more though. When I first put it on the front end dropped about 2 1/2"- 3"s IIRC. I put a set of Moose wedges on the front and got it down to 1 1/2" drop. I also built a small 2x frame that keeps 2-50's and one 25 # bag of salt against the tailgate for ballast. I have an area that I plow that the plow drops off the end of the drive when I get to the end of a run headed downhill. The ballast keeps the back wheels working when backing out.
I know you aren't interested in the Boss and it's price, but I will say that it is totally electric hydraulic and I have never had any battery problems.

Just to let you know, it's great not getting out.

kgun74

kgun74

Sep 16, 2018
Pottsville Pa
Ownership

1. 700-2
I bought and installed a KFI with power angle and so far it works great,no problems and this year I pushed off piles of dirt fill dumped by F 550 dump trucks,now just waiting for more snow.

Its not aftermarket and the angle cyl was a little pricey but it works and holds when pushing loads. Sorry don't have any updated pic's at this time.

Reactions: monaco

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!