PNW Windshield Recommendation

pbrunson

pbrunson

Dec 11, 2017
Hillsboro, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Howdy,

I just picked up a 1000-5 and after my first ride just outside of Portland, a windshield got bumped up my list. The mist/light rain made riding tough.

My questions is for other riders in the PNW, what windshield do you use and/or how do you deal with the mist/rain days that is very common in the area.

Phil

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd get the tempered glass windshield and run a wiper. I live in WV and riding in the mist and rain is no problem for me. I have the EMP wiper with the long arm and run a Rain-X wiper in 20" or 21". Could maybe squeak by with 22" to get more coverage in front of driver. I never have taken it off. I have just over 1000 miles now.

Reactions: pct and ohanacreek
pbrunson

pbrunson

Dec 11, 2017
Hillsboro, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks guys, looks like need to save a little more for the glass option.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Call around to the dealers and ask for a broken one if trying to save a bit. Any glass shop can cut a new one for around 100 bucks. I'm one who believes in the full glass scratches just suck and wipers don't really work on plexi

Reactions: pct
H

Husker1

Oct 24, 2017
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 500
You could use Rainex and treat your plastic. Water will bead up and blowoff.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!