P500 Point me in the right direction - seat mods

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
OK all, I just spent 30 min. with the search box and came up empty handed, for I do not know if I am just using the wrongs words or what?

After the Moab trip, I am looking for ideas on getting a better seat(s) in the P500. About half-a-day into most of the trails the stock seat was feeling worse than straddling a quad seat. So, through me some ideas as well as point me at the old threads on this, for I know it has to have been discussed previously.

Thanks!

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I've seen a few people do the mods for buckets. Might be a good way to go.

I've spent a few hours on the stock seat at a time. While I wouldn't call it plush, its reasonably comfortable for what it is.

These little buggies get to the point of being a money pit, and I can't imagine how much a set of bucket seats would cost along with a set of rails, and the extra fabrication to put it all together.

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
I've seen a few people do the mods for buckets. Might be a good way to go.

I've spent a few hours on the stock seat at a time. While I wouldn't call it plush, its reasonably comfortable for what it is.

These little buggies get to the point of being a money pit, and I can't imagine how much a set of bucket seats would cost along with a set of rails, and the extra fabrication to put it all together.
Seat cushions are a good upgrade in my opinion. You can use anything like outdoor furniture pads to hunting cushions to $60 gel seat pads. With the first two choices you can flip them over when they get wet plus I like the boost up in the air.
1BB70BBA C994 4ACF 97C1 9F227F2FC9FC

S

Splorin

Oct 14, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
After my first ride I pilfered one of her lawnchair cushions and never returned it until she found some for vehicles. The heated cushions are added to them in the winter. We don't mind the 'bench' design, just lacks enough sponge for my scrawny butt. Would suck in anything faster. Elkas or Evans are the best cushions.......

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Agree with trigger rzr seats are worth the effort ( although our installation methods are different )
For those long rides the boosters absorb most of the rock & roll

The only thing better than rzr seats is Heated "rzr" seats. IMO.
Mounting method utalized ---OEM seat base attachment pounts at the front. -- rubber bushings at the rear -- & 1 OEM Screw to hold in Place. ( rzr logo REMOVEL is REQUIRED "Fire Hazard")

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for all the comments, ideas and most important LINKS - Thanks Todd627! I knew someone on here has had to have done a seat swap! With all this info- any ideas as to why none of it showed up in a search?

Reactions: Mudder
R

rickoshea

Thanks for all the comments, ideas and most important LINKS - Thanks Todd627! I knew someone on here has had to have done a seat swap! With all this info- any ideas as to why none of it showed up in a search?
were you looking in the p5 threads exclusively? there's a few threads in the p1k section to give you ideas.cost me $250 for the seats and $130 for extras like boom mat,access hatch for the sub trans dipstick.

Reactions: Mudder
B

Bomersteve35

Jan 9, 2021
Portland or
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
My wife made read seat covers out of some carhart like fabric and glued inside some 1/2 inch memory foam. So nice and snug and takes out the harshness of the ride.

Reactions: Mudder and 500oneer

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!