BOX1

Polaris 570 Ranger vs. Honda Pioneer 700

adnoh

adnoh

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2013
JoKer150 said:
I talked to the dealer i purchased it from on 2/12/14 and i was told, "If you have have driven in water or sand, 30 days is normal life for pioneer brakes" I told her, even if i lived in sand, the brakes should last more than 30 days.

It seems the majority people have hundreds of miles of their pioneers, with minimal wear on the pads. Shouldn't this reinforce my claim that something is wrong for brakes to go out at 30 days?

Most of my riding is in sugar sand and water, and yes it will wear brakes out quicker , but not in 30 days. I have over 1300 miles on my honda since i got it in Nov of last year and i am amazed that the brakes have held up so well. I would expect your rear driveshaft brake to go out alot faster than your front brakes in sandy water situations . You didnt say if it was one side or all of them ( or i missed it somewhere ). If its just 1 wheel that is wearing out then yes you have a problem and Honda or your dealer should make it right. If its all of them , or both front brakes, Well its going be harder to get honda to do anything about it cause they wore out evenly which they will consider normal. Did you jack it up and take the wheel off and see if they were dragging? If they wore out in the 30 days since you have purchased it there has got to be alot of drag on those brakes and it shouldnt be to hard to tell. Good luck with getting it figured out

JoKer150

JoKer150

Feb 19, 2014
Louisiana
I jacked it up, pulled every thing off the hubs on both sides. Right and left wear is relatively even. Only the inside pads are wearing, but that is probably bc the type of caliper Honda is using. Virtually no wear on the rear brake. Maybe the rear brake isn't working and that is putting additional load on the front pads.

bbnelson

bbnelson

Dec 20, 2013
Of course the Ranger has 29% larger rear discs and two ventilated discs opposed to Honda's one.........Of course the steel brake lines come standard on a Ranger.......that's because coming down a steep hill, you have to ride the brakes on a Ranger because of the belt drive...gotta have all these brake features on a Ranger or it would blow up....The "no belt" Honda Pioneer gears down nicely and you rarely touch the brake.

G

GulfCoast

Oct 8, 2013
My Pioneer literally LIVED in mud and water every day for months during duck season, and this spring's "dog training season." My brakes are fine. So, there is something not right on that machine if the brakes have gone out in 30ish days. He should be able to sell it in nothing flat, though, if not happy.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
for all of you that have vibration in four wheel drive I have found the problem. it different tire size due to wear or tire pressure.
the best way to fix it is to change the tire pressures. if you put the bike on pavement and measure from the ground to the top of the rim lip you will find the front is not the same as the back you can ad more or less air to make them the same. if you get them the same the vibration will go away. of course the real problem is the one ujoint on the rear shaft. good news is this is gone on the 1000.

3700 miles on my front pads no notable wear. allmost all of them in the mountains and a lot of them trying to hold back a 1200 # trailer.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Oden,

Don't believe everything written by biased Manufacturer test. I agree the Polaris 570 is the best value machine in the Polaris SxS line-up. However, the best way to judge a machine is not by manufacturer's propaganda, but looking at what the actual owners have to say. The Pioneer isn't perfect (power) , but if offers a great value when compared to many other brands (feature for feature) and the vast majority of owners seem very satisfied.
Look & see wats for sale in the local paper
lots of PoPo,s

S

Snowman

Jul 24, 2016
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Good information and the Polaris does look compelling, but wouldn't the CVT system skew the peak numbers.

This video shows numbers on their dyno run are misleading. I may be wrong.

Smoking Joe

Smoking Joe

Mar 27, 2021
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well the Polaris would be the perfect machine for fishing! Gets you to the middle of the river and then stops! Pulled a few out of rivers and had to tow one across this last weekend!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!