Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
A part of the market that I think is often overlooked on this forum is the guys like me that use sxs as an all day tool. Mine is for farming and ranching. I totally think this is way to expensive, but I know I'll see neighbor's using them eventually. Guys already had polaris machines that had 20,000 miles, power windows, and full hvac. As already stated above, you could already customize your polaris to this level. Now it's just in the catalog. In the sandhills of Nebraska, the sxs are exactly what you need to quickly get from point a to b. No roads necessary. Another advantage with the sxs's out here is visibility around cattle and versatility to move cows. Our pickups can get you there with a bed full of tools/materials, a jeep/bronco can do it smoother and faster, but a sxs can do some of both at the same time. The ads talk all about the overland guys, I would guess our local polaris dealer has one sold locally very soon though.
Personally I'm really enjoying the performance of my 22 p1000-3 and honestly don't think I will ever go back to the ranger. I do really miss my polaris cab though. It's frustrating how bad the honda cabs are when you've seen how absolute simple polaris has made the cabs seal well on their platforms. We can all agree on one thing though--belt drives suck.
What part of NE you farm? A couple friends of mine and I used to bow hunt up around the Sand Hills area North of Gothenburg the two weeks before gun season, that was fun!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That is close. Did you go north of Arnold, or where exactly did you hunt?
West, East and North, I can't remember the names of the Ranchers/Farmers that used to let us hunt. We had permission from several Farmers along the North Platt river and the bottoms.

NEfarm_ranch

NEfarm_ranch

Oct 3, 2021
Nebraska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-3
West, East and North, I can't remember the names of the Ranchers/Farmers that used to let us hunt. We had permission from several Farmers along the North Platt river and the bottoms.
That's really unique country around Arnold. The tall bluffs all around, sandhills to the north, flat ground to the south. You got to experience one of the cooler parts of the state.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yep its still going on. It's a big event every year. I'm not a car enthusiast so I've only watched it once. You always know when it's going on because there are extremely nice cars in town. Id take AR Peaches. In the Summer I'd take AR Peaches and hand them out to people who let us hunt and for the ones we were going to ask for the first time, if they declined I would say well have a bag of AR Peaches anyways and hand the to the Mrs's. Most of the Mrs's would tell her husband there was plenty of room to hunt.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A part of the market that I think is often overlooked on this forum is the guys like me that use sxs as an all day tool. Mine is for farming and ranching. I totally think this is way to expensive, but I know I'll see neighbor's using them eventually. Guys already had polaris machines that had 20,000 miles, power windows, and full hvac. As already stated above, you could already customize your polaris to this level. Now it's just in the catalog. In the sandhills of Nebraska, the sxs are exactly what you need to quickly get from point a to b. No roads necessary. Another advantage with the sxs's out here is visibility around cattle and versatility to move cows. Our pickups can get you there with a bed full of tools/materials, a jeep/bronco can do it smoother and faster, but a sxs can do some of both at the same time. The ads talk all about the overland guys, I would guess our local polaris dealer has one sold locally very soon though.
Personally I'm really enjoying the performance of my 22 p1000-3 and honestly don't think I will ever go back to the ranger. I do really miss my polaris cab though. It's frustrating how bad the honda cabs are when you've seen how absolute simple polaris has made the cabs seal well on their platforms. We can all agree on one thing though--belt drives suck.
Mine is exactly what you say…but I grew up on open station tractors. I totally drop the baked potato cab for simplicity.

Every farmer in my area is rollin in 1/4 million dollar tractors with more tech you can imagine. A 60k SXS is just another bank loan to them for the business write off.

What’s hilarious about the whole thing is that an old school Ford Ranger, S10 etc are far more capable overall in factory form than a SXS 6 seater Ranger etc for most farm ranch operations.

I don’t know of a single rancher (myself included) who would knowingly drive their SXS across the slough or stock dam on purpose….or buy something with unnecessary costs on the ranch IE it’s more about utility outta the box vs creature comforts….

At the end of the day it’s about opportunities and I remain thankful they exist even if I believe they silly as heck.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
IMG 7911

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!