JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Expensive toys sell. Stop by a marina if you need a little proof. The off-road world of yesteryear rednecks is being taken over by yuppies.

And don’t forget a stop by a campground for more proof.
Ed Zachary 😂....... $100K truck pulling a $100k toyhauler with a $50k SXS in it......almost the "norm" (glamping and off-roading) 🙄

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Overland adventure vehicle…..

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Bottom line it’s a bus with HVAC that costs more than most campers, trucks, and jeeps.

Just another yuppie status mobile.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Outstanding move by Polaris - lots are trying to eliminate the noise, heat, dust, water, cold of an open cab off road machine - they know the market
Uhhh not likely….

60k toy in a market of rising interest rates and inflation….plus $4 gas? Nevermind the need for a truck and trailer to tow the thing on top of it!

By most financial standards that’s a stupid marketing wet dream at best.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Uhhh not likely….

60k toy in a market of rising interest rates and inflation….plus $4 gas? Nevermind the need for a truck and trailer to tow the thing on top of it!

By most financial standards that’s a stupid marketing wet dream at best.
Plenty of peeps have 100k toy haulers/RV’s that they pay a storage lot fee on 50 weeks a year and use 2 weeks a year plus insurance plus maintenance plus additional fuel consumption plus camping fees when they use it. A decent hotel is far cheaper both in the short term and long term.

They will sell some for sure. It isn’t going to outsell the 20k SxS models (which is still a good chunk of change for a toy) but it’s just an “upscaled” version of the same thing so the profit margin on them is going to be higher. It really isn’t hard to see there is a market for it. The market isn’t the same group that turned wrenches on dirt bikes and ATV’s and the start of the SxS market. The peeps that will buying these are the same “bikers” that ride Harley’s with every piece of chrome imaginable over to the local poker run but only if it is sunny 80 and no chance of rain on a Saturday a few times a year. If I was a betting man, the dealerships will do 95% of the accessory installs and maintenance on these. The Joneses and those keeping up with them are going to love the damn things.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
I've never quite understood the whole overlanding/glamping concepts. You want to get out and away from the modern world yet you drag the entire modern world with you? Makes zero sense to me...

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Plenty of peeps have 100k toy haulers/RV’s that they pay a storage lot fee on 50 weeks a year and use 2 weeks a year plus insurance plus maintenance plus additional fuel consumption plus camping fees when they use it. A decent hotel is far cheaper both in the short term and long term.

They will sell some for sure. It isn’t going to outsell the 20k SxS models (which is still a good chunk of change for a toy) but it’s just an “upscaled” version of the same thing so the profit margin on them is going to be higher. It really isn’t hard to see there is a market for it. The market isn’t the same group that turned wrenches on dirt bikes and ATV’s and the start of the SxS market. The peeps that will buying these are the same “bikers” that ride Harley’s with every piece of chrome imaginable over to the local poker run but only if it is sunny 80 and no chance of rain on a Saturday a few times a year. If I was a betting man, the dealerships will do 95% of the accessory installs and maintenance on these. The Joneses and those keeping up with them are going to love the damn things.

You make valid points.

The point I was making was more from the business pov, and that all the market winds (and political) are pointing against it at each and every point.

Selling a few high end stretched golf carts with hvac and doors doesn’t equal knowledge of the market nor does it mean it’s a smart business move.

it’s Polaris just providing and option, much like Ford selling a GT500 and nothing more.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I showed my buddy that had to return his Jeep and he said he would consider buying one if it were street legal.

I think there would be a huge market for street legal machines like this.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You make valid points.

The point I was making was more from the business pov, and that all the market winds (and political) are pointing against it at each and every point.

Selling a few high end stretched golf carts with hvac and doors doesn’t equal knowledge of the market nor does it mean it’s a smart business move.

it’s Polaris just providing and option, much like Ford selling a GT500 and nothing more.
If they go build 20k units of them for the release date then yeah it’s a bad business decision. But it is sound business to sell a higher end version of the same basic vehicle. If it wasn’t….Lexus, Acura, Lincoln, Cadillac, etc wouldn’t exist. Hell…just the Platinum Fords and Laramie Rams wouldn’t exist. They will sell some of these. As long they don’t overproduce the units, the increased margins will be well worth their minimal extra R&D cost to have them at least available to order for the folks with the discretionary income (or ridiculous amounts of financed debt) to buy.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A side of toast at any restaurant was around $1. But then someone slapped some avocado on it and peeps were selling it for $10 for several years. If you would’ve told me that would have been a great idea, I’d have thought you were crazy.

Hell…bottled water? Pet rocks? Credit Cards? Starbucks? The masses are pretty damn financially stupid in all honesty.

H

HondaTech

I showed my buddy that had to return his Jeep and he said he would consider buying one if it were street legal.

I think there would be a huge market for street legal machines like this.

I think they'd have to do alot before making street legal oem machines.

DOT would have a field day with safety regulations.

H

HondaTech

How do they get away with that with bikes and those 3 wheeled things with the bucket seats?

The Slingshots are considered motorcycles just about everywhere.

Motorcycles have their own regulations.

But putting out what is essentially a car would probably make those vehicles fall under the same regulations as normal cars. So crash test, airbags, light regulations, DOT tires, bumpers, etc.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!