Polishing the soft top windows.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So my windows are almost clouded so bad I can’t see out of them (can’t believe Honda didn’t make these so you can zip them out and zip in new ones. Dumb dumb dumb!) I have been researching polishing soft top Jeep windows since it’s basically the same thing. I went and got a headlight restoration kit today with the foam ball that hooks on your drill. I think this would work a lot better with a better drill my little 18v black and decker doesn’t have a lot of speed. I polished the inside and outside of the front two windows and it’s definitely better. It’s no where close to “like new though” any thoughts or ideas guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Possibly a spray detailer. I use it on the body wrap on my golf cart and it fills/hides scratches nicely! How are they when they are wet? The detailer could give it that wet look!

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Find a local upholstery shop and have them rebuild the door to make the windows removable?

This is my long term plan. I was hoping to clean up the windows some and get some more use out of them. They basically scratch themselves up when you roll them up for transport and warm days. Crappy design Honda.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought some meguires plastic polish for my windshield. Haven't had time to try it out though.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is my long term plan. I was hoping to clean up the windows some and get some more use out of them. They basically scratch themselves up when you roll them up for transport and warm days. Crappy design Honda.

I keep mine up if they get nasty , the Velcro has to be used but I can run 70-80 on the interstate. With them that way.

There’s no good way to no scratch them up, need glass if you don’t want scratches.

BUT they could have made them replaceable.

I replaced the ones on my 700 but I have access to an upholstery sewing machine.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know some have used a heat gun on lexan and it clears up the scratches...wonder if you could do the same on that stuff. Id want to find a scrap piece to try first.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!