P1000 Poor soft door fit !!!

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Has anyone had good results getting the soft doors to seal properly on the PK3 ?

Jody

Jody

Jan 12, 2016
Manitoba
My fronts aren't bad, I added a snap to the top Velcro to stop the door from popping open at road speeds, my rear doors on my 5 fit terrible on the rear ropes, there is roughly 1-1/2" gap.........

Up2It

Up2It

Jan 9, 2016
Calgary Alberta
Ours are not that good at all. The passenger one seals better than the drivers. I haven't spent a lot of time trying to get them to seal great because the weather has been so warm. Maybe at the beginning of next winter I will try. If you haven't already bought them I would wait to see if the aftermarket comes out with something better....

Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
I had to bend the frames either
in or out to get both of the soft
to doors to center on the rops.
Then I adjusted the "flaps" a little
also.

They don't seal perfectly, but they
did fine at 17 degrees during our
big snow and the heat from under
the seat.

I only use the velcro tabs for towing.

John

Jody

Jody

Jan 12, 2016
Manitoba
I added snaps to the Velcro to hold better at the top of the doors, I found the Velcro would let go at road speeds

Reactions: Hawk53
Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I added snaps to the Velcro to hold better at the top of the doors, I found the Velcro would let go at road speeds
I pick up my unit from the dealer when new and had to take the doors off on the road because the velcro wouldnt hold. At that time I saw the warning that they could get damaged when towing. Thought the dealer should have mentioned something as they installed them.

Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
Do you add the snap to the Velcro
tab on the door?

I think after I found out how easy
the doors are to remove, I'll just
take them off while towing.

John

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Do you add the snap to the Velcro
tab on the door?

I think after I found out how easy
the doors are to remove, I'll just
take them off while towing.

John
We tow with ours with no problems at all however we do have fabric mid section as well.we did adjust them so they fit in more then they were designed seems to seal and stay put

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
One other thing with soft doors "when" you lose the pull straps to open the doors use a strap from anything pretty much cut to fit heat the cut end and drill small hole through the handle wrap the strap under and bolt on the back side that way pressure is placed on handle rather then in the bolt. I got sick of loosing these and apparently you have to buy the door to replace it that's what my dealer said anyway

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!