Portable Winch

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500

I picked up one of their PCW4000 winches last January. It has been a great decision. Mostly use it for pulling logs and hung-up trees when out cutting (much safer, gets you 100 feet away from falling debris). That said I'm not a big trail runner like many of you guys, but I can see where this would be great to have around out there. While the pulling power is no what you usually have onboard your machines it overcomes a lot of problems with how to pull. You're not limited by where you can place the machine or route pulleys. It's much faster pulling and you don't have a length limitation. Their standard rope is 160 feet. About a month ago I used my P500 to anchor it off of so I could pull my old lathe bed (about 400lbs) up the basement stairs and out the back door. I used it instead of the P500's winch because I had better control due to the throttle (not just on/off). Good placement often beats out brute force with less risk of damage.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I picked up one of their PCW4000 winches last January. It has been a great decision. Mostly use it for pulling logs and hung-up trees when out cutting (much safer, gets you 100 feet away from falling debris). That said I'm not a big trail runner like many of you guys, but I can see where this would be great to have around out there. While the pulling power is no what you usually have onboard your machines it overcomes a lot of problems with how to pull. You're not limited by where you can place the machine or route pulleys. It's much faster pulling and you don't have a length limitation. Their standard rope is 160 feet. About a month ago I used my P500 to anchor it off of so I could pull my old lathe bed (about 400lbs) up the basement stairs and out the back door. I used it instead of the P500's winch because I had better control due to the throttle (not just on/off). Good placement often beats out brute force with less risk of damage.
Got any pics of dragging the lathe bed up the stairs?
What brand lathe?

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Got any pics of dragging the lathe bed up the stairs?
What brand lathe?
Unfortunately no. It was a South Bend 15" x 36" from the 30's. We stripped it down to the bare bed and pulled it up a 2x12 ramp.

There is a fully restored one at the Grizzley Machine store in Springfield MO.

Lathe

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Depending on the weight you're trying to pull, these are pretty handy too.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Depending on the weight you're trying to pull, these are pretty handy too.

I had the 110v version and finally sold it. Hated dealing with the cable.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!