Generators........Portable

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I currently have two of the Honda EU2000's, one is the companion, I use the parallel kit with them and I also have rigged up two boat fuel tanks for extended running time.
Although they have served me good, they are kind of a pain in the ass, u know, two of everything, running, fueling, maintaining, Well,it's time to move on to a single bigger generator. I want to be able to use it in my toy hauler, and also my home. I have already done the figures and know about what size I need. I understand I can't run my whole house and I can't run all three ac's in the toy hauler. I know it's either going to be the Yamaha EF6300 or the Honda EU7000. I can get the Yamaha for almost 1300 dollars cheaper and thats a big selling point for me. I've seen everything on youtube about both of them and now I'd like to hear from real time users........

Any ya'll know anything about them? Experience with? Friends with?

Thanks guys.

Reactions: Remington
D

DDDonkey

Nitzo, I have never dealt with the two mentioned units above but have experience with both brands mentioned and many others. If you can swing it I would get the Honda. The reason is you can parallel the 7k Honda if you ever needed too, and it is Fuel injected for easy starting. I know that if my Onan ever goes out in my MH I will replace it with a FI unit over a carb for easy starting at altitude. For those two reasons I would get the Honda, but I camp from any where from sea level to 7500ft up on average. Good luck on your search and let us know what you get.

Reactions: nitzo
H

HondaTech

The only issues I've seen with the 7k have been clogged filters from crap fuel containers. It's a simple swap though, and inexpensive if is does happen. They can also be gas hogs as well. But still very reliable and so far bulletproof.

Reactions: Remington and nitzo
nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nitzo, I have never dealt with the two mentioned units above but have experience with both brands mentioned and many others. If you can swing it I would get the Honda. The reason is you can parallel the 7k Honda if you ever needed too, and it is Fuel injected for easy starting. I know that if my Onan ever goes out in my MH I will replace it with a FI unit over a carb for easy starting at altitude. For those two reasons I would get the Honda, but I camp from any where from sea level to 7500ft up on average. Good luck on your search and let us know what you get.

Great response, just what I want to hear, real time use. I've got an Onan 5500 in my toy hauler and it works well, tho I don't dry camp a lot and maybe only have 200 hours on it, but it will suck the gas. I'm a freak about redundancy( if I have one generator than two or three has to be better), I hate I'm this way just can't help it, then add that I like good stuff and u have the makings for having a lot of cool stuff but no money ........lol. Anyway, I will probably end up with the Honda, you know "they" say, it only costs a little bit more to go first class.

Thanks for responding.

R

rickoshea

we use the eu7k's at work.super reliable and decent power but at full load they can be loud.auto start,low oil shutoff,decently fuel efficient.

Reactions: Remington and nitzo
nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just sold my 2 2000's setup a bit go so it looks like its a go. I'm going to go with the Honda

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the same setup with the 2 EU2000 with one being companion. They suck the gas and are relatively loud when running my camper AC. I bought an EU7000 at Bristol nascar race last year because Honda and camping world had a combined booth and sold it to me for$3,400 plus tax and delivered us back to the camper in a P1K5.

It is much quieter and more fuel efficient than the 2 EU2000's when running at full load. I kept my little ones though because I run one of those if it's just tv and refrigerator when dry camping. They are also much more convenient to carry for small needs. The 7000 wil run our house well pump when needed as well. When camping, we get almost 24 hours out of 5 gallons with the 7000. It's easier to change the oil on as a plus. The 2000's are a PIA.

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the same setup with the 2 EU2000 with one being companion. They suck the gas and are relatively loud when running my camper AC. I bought an EU7000 at Bristol nascar race last year because Honda and camping world had a combined booth and sold it to me for$3,400 plus tax and delivered us back to the camper in a P1K5.

It is much quieter and more fuel efficient than the 2 EU2000's when running at full load. I kept my little ones though because I run one of those if it's just tv and refrigerator when dry camping. They are also much more convenient to carry for small needs. The 7000 wil run our house well pump when needed as well. When camping, we get almost 24 hours out of 5 gallons with the 7000. It's easier to change the oil on as a plus. The 2000's are a PIA.

Awesome response, thanks so much and yes they are a PITA.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!