P500 Potential new owner

Suzque49

Suzque49

Jul 14, 2016
Mojave, California
Ownership

1. 500
We are going to purchase a new 2015 (last of dealers stock, very good price) P5 tomorrow. Glad to have found this forum I'm sure we will have several questions. Really happy about the P5.

Reactions: 500oneer
C

Chooglin

We are going to purchase a new 2015 (last of dealers stock, very good price) P5 tomorrow. Glad to have found this forum I'm sure we will have several questions. Really happy about the P5.
Welcome aboard
Can't believe there are still new 2015 models left.........your going to love the p500 , great machine !

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

Welcome to the club. Lots of good people and info here to know more about your new ride. Congrats and share pics when you get it.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You've made a good choice! Welcome here, and enjoy the ride!

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
This is a great forum to get your answers/concerns answered and just get "learned up" in general.

Suzque49

Suzque49

Jul 14, 2016
Mojave, California
Ownership

1. 500
We did it, we got our 2015 P5, a pretty yellow one Will post a pic tomorrow. It's really a fun little machine. Need to get a roof cover for it and a windshield would be nice too. Looking online for the lowest price on accessories. I need to do something about the seat belt though, it cuts into my neck, very uncomfortable.

J

Jshell3

The 2015 and 2016 are identical with the exception of the colors, of course... Honda just announced some changes to the 2017, but those won't hit the dealerships until later next month. So right now, your bike is just like everyone else's... With exception to the aftermarket additions, of course!!!
I, like you, bought a 2016 TODAY. What kinds of things are you planning to do with your new bike... And to your new bike!!!?

webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
We did it, we got our 2015 P5, a pretty yellow one Will post a pic tomorrow. It's really a fun little machine. Need to get a roof cover for it and a windshield would be nice too. Looking online for the lowest price on accessories. I need to do something about the seat belt though, it cuts into my neck, very uncomfortable.
Just my opinion....spend some extra $$$ and get a hardcoat windshield!! I went with the cheaper lexan windshield when I purchased my P5 and recently bought the hardcoat....no scratches yet.

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I got these on amazon,$ 5.00 for 2 .I thought they were $5.00 each so I ordered 2 .Now I have some for the rear seats also.
WIN 20160716 085152

Suzque49

Suzque49

Jul 14, 2016
Mojave, California
Ownership

1. 500
The 2015 and 2016 are identical with the exception of the colors, of course... Honda just announced some changes to the 2017, but those won't hit the dealerships until later next month. So right now, your bike is just like everyone else's... With exception to the aftermarket additions, of course!!!
I, like you, bought a 2016 TODAY. What kinds of things are you planning to do with your new bike... And to your new bike!!!?
We will be we will be taking it with us when we go fishing and camping to get around. We live on 10 acres out in the desert, so lots of open space to ride and enjoy our new toy.

Reactions: Jshell3
advertisement
S

Sledge

Seat belt cuts into my neck too. I don't much like it.

Let us both be grateful that we don't have the 2017 iteration of Honda's pre-capitulation to the oppressive nanny-state. 15 mph unless you are compliant, idiot subject of the state!

You must do as you are told! And you WILL like it!

We can go as fast as we want, unbound! For now.

Joe

Reactions: russknight and JTW
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I got these on amazon,$ 5.00 for 2 .I thought they were $5.00 each so I ordered 2 .Now I have some for the rear seats also.View attachment 18421
Do those just Velcro on or do you have to do some disassembly to install them?

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Just my opinion....spend some extra $$$ and get a hardcoat windshield!! I went with the cheaper lexan windshield when I purchased my P5 and recently bought the hardcoat....no scratches yet.[/QUOTE
all plastic scratches

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thanks Iowaguy.

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Seat belt cuts into my neck too. I don't much like it.

Let us both be grateful that we don't have the 2017 iteration of Honda's pre-capitulation to the oppressive nanny-state. 15 mph unless you are compliant, idiot subject of the state!

You must do as you are told! And you WILL like it!

We can go as fast as we want, unbound! For now.

Joe
we can't go as fast as we want ,they limited it to 40 mph

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!