Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone installed a power steering kit on there RED yet? Would like to here some feedback on a few things.
- Which one did you install?
- Price?
- Install time?
- Any Install issues?
- How EZ is to steer now?

Would like to here about other kits also.
Thanks.

atvsnowman

atvsnowman

Mar 28, 2013
I have been thinking about getting PS for my Big Red. But I haven't talked to anyone who has installed it. I'm kinda afraid to install power steering on this side by side until I know how well it works. I just don't want to spend all the $$$ and it not provide a noticeable difference.

M

matrap

Apr 12, 2013
I installed the Superatv power steering on my Big Red, took less than 1 1/2 hour to install. Yes it helps alot when trial riding in steep hills

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@matrap
Thanks for posting again... Sorry your 1st post got deleted.
Does the Superatv PS compensate for the difference in speed like the OEM one's are "suposed" to do?
Like is the reaction times different with higher speeds.
Or
Is the Superatv PS just a standalong system?

Thanks..

PS.. want some Hondasxs.com stickers... PM me with your address.

J

jimbob

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2013
North Las Vegas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Big Red
I love my power steering on big red which was made by Super Atv. Search internet for best price, I got mine from Wild Boar Atv Parts.
Took me less than three hours it would have been a lot less but control box or module should be mounted before the bracket is installed.
It has made steering extremely easier.

GBOUT

GBOUT

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2015
Mid TN
Does anyone run the SuperATV PS unit with a High lifter 2 inch lift kit?

I emailed HL and Rex their account manager was not sure. Stated he didn't know how extensive the PS unit was.

I have a PS unit on order and was thinking about the simple HL 2 inch kit also

Shoot me some opinions guys.............

GBOUT

GBOUT

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2015
Mid TN
Update on above post: Couldn't be happier with both! With the PS unit, HL 2 inch lift kit, and the addition of the TA UHMV skid plate, I now enjoy trail riding even though I don't have a lot of experience and have more trouble with (Operator Malfunction). That being said, I originally purchased my used Big Red with the intention of only using it on our small farm, and driving the grand daughter on it. Now, I worry less about damage and look forward to trail riding and seeing where I can go...........

T

turbodog

I picked up one from amazon about 3 months ago. If not for the stickers, you would swear it was factory. Fit and finish are great. Can turn wheel with 1 finger in 2wd mode.

Reactions: ohanacreek
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Anyone installed a power steering kit on there RED yet? Would like to here some feedback on a few things.
- Which one did you install?
- Price?
- Install time?
- Any Install issues?
- How EZ is to steer now?

Would like to here about other kits also.
Thanks.
@Hondasxs or this it?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!