ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone found a powered dump bed cylinder for the P4? If you get a FULL load of wet dirt/clay ... I'm not a power lifter but even with the tailgate pointed down hill it's near impossible.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm sure some day there may be one avaible.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
ohanacreek said:
Has anyone found a powered dump bed cylinder for the P4? If you get a FULL load of wet dirt/clay ... I'm not a power lifter but even with the tailgate pointed down hill it's near impossible.
If you measured the length of stroke that the gas strut moves,plus the full extend and closed postion of the gas lift strut would you beable to go to a farm supply or Princess auto and buy a linear actuator to use a a power lift.I'll have to look into that also as I think that there pretty handy.I used to have a power lift on my Ranger and just loved it.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
slowdryrider said:
ohanacreek said:
If you measured the length of stroke that the gas strut moves,plus the full extend and closed postion of the gas lift strut would you beable to go to a farm supply or Princess auto and buy a linear actuator to use a a power lift.I'll have to look into that also as I think that there pretty handy.I used to have a power lift on my Ranger and just loved it.

If you get around to that before I do please post your findings.
I did a quick search of the interwebs, didn't see anything purpose built.

What's a Princess Auto?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!