Powerhouse Dealer Differences?

W

WhiskeyTee

Apr 25, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
What constitutes a Power House Dealer and are there differences in them?

Reason I ask is I have been in two different Powerhouse Dealers and one tells me “the last of our ordered Talons for the year are due next week and only one of them doesn't have a deposit on it so if you want it leave a deposit NOW! We wont be getting any more!”

The other says “I will keep getting them in every week or so until they quit making them as long as they are selling!”?

I thought “Power House” dealers were the ones that Honda really “Took Care Of” so to speak as they only sell Honda products.

Or was it just a pressure sales tactic?

Razorback

Razorback

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2015
Van Buren, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
What constitutes a Power House Dealer and are there differences in them?

Reason I ask is I have been in two different Powerhouse Dealers and one tells me “the last of our ordered Talons for the year are due next week and only one of them doesn't have a deposit on it so if you want it leave a deposit NOW! We wont be getting any more!”

The other says “I will keep getting them in every week or so until they quit making them as long as they are selling!”?

I thought “Power House” dealers were the ones that Honda really “Took Care Of” so to speak as they only sell Honda products.

Or was it just a pressure sales tactic?
Pressure. Shop around. Dealers know people will travel long distances to get a better deal. I used that to get a dealer an hour away to earn my business. He said mine is the only one he has sold below MSRP.

W

WhiskeyTee

Apr 25, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Pressure. Shop around. Dealers know people will travel long distances to get a better deal. I used that to get a dealer an hour away to earn my business. He said mine is the only one he has sold below MSRP.

Yea. The dealer that said he wasnt getting anymore, has called me twice since my first post saying he got another one in that he wasnt expecting and I should come down and make a deposit? First call was “Hey got a Red one in Come on down!” Said. “No thanks, I want a Blue one, I will keep looking”. Couple days later I get a voice mail “Hey I just got a Blue one in I wasnt supposed to get. I can take a deposit over the phone w/CC. Give me a call quick!”
Still wont come off MSRP + a bunch of FEE’s though.

Last edited:
Razorback

Razorback

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2015
Van Buren, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
Yea. The dealer that said he wasnt getting anymore, has called me twice since my first post saying he got another one in that he wasnt expecting and I should come down and make a deposit? First call was “Hey got a Red one in Come on down!” Said. “No thanks, I want a Blue one, I will keep looking”. Couple days later I get a voice mail “Hey I just got a Blue one in I wasnt supposed to get. I can take a deposit over the phone w/CC. Give me a call quick!”
Still wont come off MSRP + a bunch of FEE’s though.
The dealers I talked to were all no additional fees. Prices ranged from $2,000 off, to MSRP + tax. But I was willing to drive up to 8 hours for the right deal. Bought from a dealer an hour away for $1,600 off. Shop around.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!