P1000m5 Pre-ride maintenance

S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So working on some pre-ride maintenance before our big ride on AZPT. Besides the obvious(change fluids/filters) grease wheel bearings ,are there any know point of failures I should be checking? This is on 2017 p1000-5LE.
Thanks for all the help.

D

DDDonkey

The pioneer is a pretty solid platform, as long as you do the basic maintenance, fluids and filter changes, you should be good. The only other thing to check in my opinion is the ball joints for play, and just look over the unit for loose bolts.

I am pushing close to 4K miles on my 2017 P1000 with no issues, HondaBob has over 17K on his pioneer with no failures. Enjoy the ride and post some pics.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So working on some pre-ride maintenance before our big ride on AZPT. Besides the obvious(change fluids/filters) grease wheel bearings ,are there any know point of failures I should be checking? This is on 2017 p1000-5LE.
Thanks for all the help.

I'm approaching 7k miles on my 2018 P1K5 LE , only have had to change fluid and filters. Typical wear replaced brake pads & tires at 3400 miles, getting ready to do that again. I ride in very rocky terrain with considerable mud due to rains and everything has held up very well. Due to my riding terrain I have bent 4 tie rods over the course of riding. With the right tools easy fix trail side, since they are under $20 I usually keep 2 with me at all times.

S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The pioneer is a pretty solid platform, as long as you do the basic maintenance, fluids and filter changes, you should be good. The only other thing to check in my opinion is the ball joints for play, and just look over the unit for loose bolts.

I am pushing close to 4K miles on my 2017 P1000 with no issues, HondaBob has over 17K on his pioneer with no failures. Enjoy the ride and post some pics.
Thanks. I will check the ball joints and bolts. I will definitely post some pics .

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thanks for all the help.
That’s really awesome. Are you planning the whole 750 miles? Camping along the way? What about the side/spur trails? It would sure be cool if you’d put together a thread documenting this when you do it.....👍

Last edited:
S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s really awesome. Are you planning the whole 750 miles? Camping along the way? What about the side/spur trails? It would sure be cool if you’d put together a thread documenting this when you do it.....👍
Yes the plan is to do the entire 675 miles. Would like to enjoy some of the side spurs as well , just need to see how we are doing on time. Some of our group is camping along the way and some of us are staying in hotels at each stop. I will try to get some good pics and post them when I have. A signal.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes the plan is to do the entire 675 miles. Would like to enjoy some of the side spurs as well , just need to see how we are doing on time. Some of our group is camping along the way and some of us are staying in hotels at each stop. I will try to get some good pics and post them when I have. A signal.
That’s great. So the towns along the route allow for UTV access to gas stations and hotels? What are the requirements for the rides regarding equipment, licensing, etc...?

Reactions: Blownzuki
Major0887

Major0887

Dec 2, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Reactions: Montecresto

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!